Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for RC Prompts with Multiple Passages?

I'm getting into the later PT's and I'm finding that they have started including those multiple passage prompts in every Reading Comp section now.

Any tips for these specific passages? They usually give me the most trouble on time, correct answers, and general fatigue because I (naturally) feel like I have to juggle more information than with a single passage. Any specific strategy that has helped any of you deal with these ones?

Comments

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4577 karma

Something we introduce to students in tutoring (and can be seen for most of JYs videos on A/B passages) is the strategy to read passage A, and go through the questions with only passage A in your head first. This eliminates confusing the content with passage B.

Then, read passage B and do the questions you couldn't attempt while only reading passage A.

Very often, you can attempt many more questions than you think. The goal is to eliminate as many questions as possible on the first pass, so you have less to think about after reading passage B.