Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Advice- Question: Seat Deposit Deadline

Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
edited April 2022 in Law School Admissions 1417 karma

Hello 7 Sage Community,

I am still waiting to hear back from two law schools. Is there such circumstance to reach out to the admissions committee to extend seat deposit deadline given I am still waiting to hear back from some law schools? I did submit my applications back in December.

Thank you for your time and good luck! :)

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

It doesn't hurt to ask, but for many people, depositing knowing that you may lose the deposit if another school comes through is just part of the process.

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Thank you @canihazJD . I appreciate it.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Hi @Confidence150 . Former admissions officer here. You can reach out to request an extension on the seat deposit deadline. Schools have their own policies about extension requests depending on the time in the cycle and the activity of their admitted applicant pool. It helps if you request a specific number of days instead of asking for an open-ended extension. You should consider securing a seat at your current top choice while you wait to receive other decisions, knowing that you may decide to withdraw at a later date. This is not uncommon. Good luck!

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Thank you very much @"Selene Steelman" . I did reach out to the admissions committee to request a seat deposit deadline.

• lauryfriese932lauryfriese932 Free Trial Member
    edited August 2023 3 karma

Thank you @ Candy Crush