Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Format

Hi all,

I am currently confused on how many scored sections of the 2022 LSAT there are. Is it true there are only 3 sections that are scored on the LSAT exam? From what I understand, the second Logical reasoning question is not scored and will not effect the overall score. Is this correct?

Comments

• gabehasastorygabehasastory Member
    38 karma

Right. So there are 3 scored sections (LR,LG,RC) but not necessarily in that order. the fourth section is experimental (a random pick of the three sections) and is not scored.

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1429 karma

@Calebjuelwilliams said:
    Hi all,

I am currently confused on how many scored sections of the 2022 LSAT there are. Is it true there are only 3 sections that are scored on the LSAT exam? From what I understand, the second Logical reasoning question is not scored and will not effect the overall score. Is this correct?

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion!

PrepTests 1-89 are all the "old" style LSAT that has 1 unscored section and 4 scored sections (2 LRs, 1 RC, and 1 LG).

Starting August 2021 the LSAT now has 4 sections: 3 scored sections (1LR,1 LG, and 1RC), and 1 unscored variable section (either LR, LG, or RC).

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.