Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In 30s taking LSAT

Prabhjot.naul93-1-1Prabhjot.naul93-1-1 Free Trial Member

Anyone here in their 29/30 studying for LSAT?

Comments

• You Gotta Show MeYou Gotta Show Me Yearly Member
    93 karma

Yes! I am.

• njchristman70njchristman70 Core Member
    23 karma

Just a shade over that, so essentially right there with you!

• reyesusmc78-1reyesusmc78-1 Core Member
    72 karma

I'm over 40 and studying for it lol

• 2Burritos2Burritos Core Member
    19 karma

27... so a just a wee bit younger

• JY DiscipleJY Disciple Live Member
    305 karma

Over 40 here and studying for the LSAT. Embarking on third career. I tell myself that only health (poor health i.e., and the other sure event) can stop me. Dreams can come true at any age. Here is an example: https://www.npr.org/2021/11/07/1052005447/brown-university-89-phd-physics-dream

• Steven_B-1Steven_B-1 Member
    794 karma

Same, don't sweat it!

• RelentlessRelentless Core Member
    323 karma

34 pal! Restarting life after lots of health issues in my late twenties to early thirties. Going back to school seems like the perfect way to do that. Don't sweat it, there's people twice our age doing whatever the hell they want with their lives. :-)

• Matthew19941Matthew19941 Core Member
    102 karma

28!

• Prabhjot.naul93-1-1Prabhjot.naul93-1-1 Free Trial Member
    67 karma

Would you guys like to form a study circle?

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

I turned 40 during my first app cycle. 42 now, finishing 1L. Don't sweat the number... it's an advantage.

• Shadow1144Shadow1144 Core Member
    18 karma

Turning 35 this yr!

• KSchaffer93KSchaffer93 Core Member
    4 karma

Turning 29 in June and applying next cycle!

• shawn102shawn102 Live Member
    edited April 2022 53 karma

About to turn 28. Quitted my job last November for LSAT. Life is long!

• estockmann91estockmann91 Core Member
    48 karma

I'm 31! I was a teacher, then a letter carrier, and now I'm an admin at a university. Found out I really loved higher ed law and I'm just gonna go for it.

• isapalmers-1isapalmers-1 Alum Member
    27 karma

30 here working full time while attending to my children! Glad that there is a group of people I can relate to

• Almost a BoomerAlmost a Boomer Alum Member
    384 karma

Just turned 55. Old dogs can learn new tricks!

• Prabhjot.naul93-1-1Prabhjot.naul93-1-1 Free Trial Member
    67 karma

How are you all studying for this test?

• 1050 karma

Turning 32 this year!! Started studying for the test right before my 30th birthday.

• matt.hip595matt.hip595 Core Member
    62 karma

Yes Just turned 31 and looking for a part-time legal program in my area while working in a career. Honestly I thought I was alone until I read all your comments. Seriously I wish everyone success in this endeavor.

• ---Sol------Sol--- Member
    52 karma

34 turning 35 in May here! I am an Argentine lawyer working full time in the federal judiciary of my country. We got this people! Age is just a number!

• mlarson991mlarson991 Core Member
    11 karma

29, almost 30! Current CPA at a Big 4 firm and realized that it's just not enough for me to advise clients on tax issues, I want to litigate them! I turned one of my biggest controversy cases over to a big law firm this year and it was really hard to pass them the torch. I'd helped my client get so far but, in the end, we need the attorneys to take it into a court room for the final W! Not being able to do this is eating away at my soul. I need this degree so I can take my clients all the way to finish line!

• alexandra.r.leonardoalexandra.r.leonardo Yearly Member
    12 karma

27! was on the pre-med track and realized what the things I want to do in life go beyond the medical field.

• chrischenchrischen Member
    8 karma

I am turning 33 in just a few days, have no backgroud in law, and english is not my first language. Yet, I still really want to give it a try. I graduated from college with a bachlor of science degree about 10 years ago.
    I hope after immersing myself with 7sage, I will get a good lsat score since my GPA was not really good either.
    let's check what will happen in the next few monthes.

• Hinde SophiaHinde Sophia Alum Member
    165 karma

Yeppers, just turned 30! Really excited about my second career :blush:

• Hinde SophiaHinde Sophia Alum Member
    165 karma

@"Prabhjot.naul93-1-1" said:
    Would you guys like to form a study circle?

Yes! Let's start a study group!

• cpachec4cpachec4 Member
    17 karma

I’m 29 turning 30 in a few months! So happy to see other people pursuing their passion. Definitely makes this process easier :)

• WashingtonDCgalWashingtonDCgal Live Member
    edited April 2022 56 karma

I'm 28 going on 29 -compared to everyone in my prep classes who are fresh out of undergrad I feel out of place! I took 4 years off to enter the career field until I became miserable and found what I really wanted to do :) Would love to be part of a group as well!

• 296 karma

I'm 25, and I feel old sometimes (which is ridiculous)! Love hearing from all you non-traditional students. You got this!

• ali.alg90ali.alg90 Free Trial Member
    7 karma
    1. Took the LSAT last year and got a 163. Believe me it was not easy, especially given my wonderful past academic performance.

You can always grow, but you have to have absolute faith in yourself, think things through, be honest with yourself, exhaust every possible resource and work diligently. It will never be a smooth course, and you'll feel absolutely incompetent and hopeless at times, but you gotta keep going because moods come and go.

Best of luck.

• nique.thomnique.thom Yearly Member
    14 karma

Me turned 31 this year!! We can do it :)

• lucasjameszieglerlucasjamesziegler Core Member
    380 karma

Just turned 37 and giving it a go! Lets goooo!!

• DonJefe1992DonJefe1992 Core Member
    10 karma

Turning 30 this summer.

• Yan WangYan Wang Member
    285 karma

I started LSAT under 30, finished over 30, and had been in graduate school before. My LSAT is 169. I will attend law school this fall on a full ride. I always think that today is the youngest day of the rest of my life. I should go for things while I am "young."

• robertlbaccus-1robertlbaccus-1 Live Member
    9 karma

31! Following all my passions no matter what! I’ve been looking for part time and evening/night programs here in California because I’m in such a different place in life than most of my mentors were when they went to law school at 22. If anyone knows of any, please share!

• TJAYKEYNOTETJAYKEYNOTE Core Member
    11 karma

35 here! Finally cracking down and gettin' it done.

• doris.oyjdoris.oyj Member
    8 karma

32 with a full time job and two kids. It's never too late to chase my dream

• @"Prabhjot.naul93-1-1" said:

how about 62/63???

• hirschhammerhirschhammer Core Member
    5 karma

@"Prabhjot.naul93-1-1" said:

Yes we are out here!!

• 50 karma

35 and I plan to take it in August. Hoping to be in law school at 37!

• LawMommaLawMomma Yearly Member
    27 karma

Upper 30s, 4 kids 8 & under and third career here : )

• MFDOOMfan89-1MFDOOMfan89-1 Core Member
    7 karma

I’m 32.

285 karma

@LawMomma highly respect! I have one kid, and I feel overwhelmed all the time.

• ahv1865-1-1-1-1ahv1865-1-1-1-1 Free Trial Member
    9 karma

I love these posts. Some days we all may feel like age is a factor until we see how many others are simply getting down to business and making their dreams happen! 56 years young here. Part-time pharmacist, full time mom to teenagers. Cracking the books again for a good LSAT score!

• AryanSingh-1AryanSingh-1 Member
    342 karma

Anyone over 30 passed 165 mark? and how long did you study
    I am 38. I managed to get 160-162 in 11 months.

285 karma

@AryanSingh I did. I studied for at least two years to get there. It is definitely a humbling experience. It is like climbing a high mountain, and the last steps are the hardest. But, it is not impossible.