Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting on Behalf of a 7Sage User: How to identify the main conclusion in an argument?

Maureen --Student Service--Maureen --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
edited April 2022 in Logical Reasoning 404 karma

[I am posting on behalf of a 7Sage user. Please feel free to leave your comments below. Thank you for your help!]

Are there any tricks to identify main conclusion in an argument other than the indicators?

Comments

• Yan WangYan Wang Member
    285 karma

For me, a conclusion is an opinion statement, and a premise is a factual statement. When I feel confused, I ask myself is this sentence factual or opinion?

• kingston-1kingston-1 Alum Member
    53 karma

Perfect thank you so much. I actually just started preparing and many times find it hard to distinguish. I get so many questions wrong its so frustrating. Does this happen to you as well?

• chimbolitadchimbolitad Alum Member
    26 karma

It is normal. Do not feel bad. You'll get better with times and applying the skills that you will learn here.

• Yan WangYan Wang Member
    285 karma

@abhinavmehra113 yes, it happened all the time when I just started studying for the LSAT. I would recommend having a firm grasp of the core curriculum first on 7Sage. Mastering all the concepts and ideas alone would put you in the low 160s range. If you have more questions, feel free to DM me. ^^

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited April 2022 2239 karma

In addition to considering whether a statement is fact or opinion, I also sometimes ask myself: "What is the author trying to convince me of?" Often, you can determine the conclusion by answering this question.