Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are some of techniques in solving the LSAT questions?

Webby_SongdoWebby_Songdo Alum Member
in General 677 karma

I have come to a conclusion that with the test of LSAT, it is not about the content of writing but rather knowing the techniques of how to solve each question as fast as possible with minimal error. Could experts in this forum please elaborate more on some techniques that we could possibly learn?

Comments

• Lucky4YouLucky4You Core Member
    38 karma

-Reading for structure not content.
    -learning logic and the expression of it A->B
    -order of operations Stem->stimulus->predict->eliminate->answer
    -time management tools (skips, prioritization)
    -blind review
    -set up for success (creating gameboards, inferences)

There’s no secret that will allow you to magically gain points, you’ll need to develop skills, practice them and get a good sleep the night before the test. The rest is out of your control.

Good luck!

• Webby_SongdoWebby_Songdo Alum Member
    677 karma

@Lucky4You said:
    -Reading for structure not content.
    -learning logic and the expression of it A->B
    -order of operations Stem->stimulus->predict->eliminate->answer
    -time management tools (skips, prioritization)
    -blind review
    -set up for success (creating gameboards, inferences)

There’s no secret that will allow you to magically gain points, you’ll need to develop skills, practice them and get a good sleep the night before the test. The rest is out of your control.

Good luck!

Thank you!

• Yan WangYan Wang Member
    285 karma

Here are something I did that works for me.
    For LR: memorize the fundamentals, such as four groups of logical indicators, valid logic forms, some/all relationships, etc.
    For RC: read for structure, paying attention to the author's arguments and how the evidence supports them, but not drowning in the details. Understand them to the point how they support the arguments, not themselves.
    For LG: make inferences proactively, not being pushed by the questions.