Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking the June 2022 LSAT and stuck in a dilemma!

I am signed up to take the June LSAT and I am behind on my course. I am currently 77% of the way through the CC meaning that I have 50 hours left to finish it. I have not done any PT's since my diagnostic. I have about a month until my test. Do I push through the 50 hours of CC or do I jump into PT's and do that for the next month?

Comments

• edited May 2022 56 karma

I really don't think it would be wise to take an actual test before even taking one PTs...
    If I were you, I would finish the core curriculum, take at least a few PTs and see if I am scoring consistently within the score range that I want to be in. Even if you're applying this cycle, August test can still be used for this cycle.

• divya326divya326 Member
    60 karma

If you have completed the basics as far as LR question types and at least started games, I would recommend taking a few PTs to see where you are at. Use those as a barometer to decide if you should push back or stay in for June. For what it's worth, I started taking PTs when I hit the 50% mark.

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

I agree with the above comments. In addition, I'd caution you against taking the real exam, regardless of the amount of PTs you've taken, unless you're consistently doing well on LG. Because of how much people are able to improve on the section, sitting for the real test without being good at games is just nonsensical.

• lawgirl313lawgirl313 Member
    60 karma

I would wait. You only get to take LSAT 7 times in your lifetime!

• Iwillwin_Iwillwin_ Member
    164 karma

You need to be comfortable with taking PTs, that will take time. So just postpone, you gotta be patient and enjoy the journey as well.

• dustin13dustin13 Member
    330 karma

Not sure what you ended up deciding. But definitely worth doing it right the first time--which, in this case probably means postponing your test. Finish the CC, take a couple of PTs, assess your strengths and weaknesses. Then, drill, drill, drill.

• 57 karma

Thank you all for the helpful input. Since my post, I have decided to go ahead and start PT's and I'm doing some CC here and there with spare time. I took 3 PT's in the last 5 days and I am averaging 161-162, and managed to get a 172 BR once. I would like to go for 167+ which I know might be difficult but I will keep taking as many PT's as I can before the June test. I know I will most likely end up taking the August test as well to try and get an even higher score with an extra 2 months of studying. I am pushing myself this much because I would like to apply as soon as applications open on September 1st to get as high of chance of acceptance as I can! Any further input would be appreciated!

• Juan23vrJuan23vr Live Member
    298 karma

just post pone your exam, not a big deal

• hmariep111hmariep111 Member
    edited May 2022 3 karma

I am in a similar situation... The only reason I am hesitant to postpone is because of the cost of the test. Is taking the test more than once harmful in any way to my application? I have heard of many people taking it more than once, but I am not feeling too confident currently.

• zeepzoopzeepzoop Core Member
    38 karma

@"Hanna Pappas" said:
    I am in a similar situation... The only reason I am hesitant to postpone is because of the cost of the test. Is taking the test more than once harmful in any way to my application? I have heard of many people taking it more than once, but I am not feeling too confident currently.

As I understand it, (Canadian) universities do not really care if you take the test 2-3 times. After the third time, its not looking too cute. A few lawyers I know have taken the test twice, so I really wouldn't sweat it if you have to do it again :)