Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official April 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited May 2022 in April 2022 LSAT 5740 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official April 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the April LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, May 3rd.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in June
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the April LSAT!

Please keep all discussions of the April 2022 LSAT here!

Comments

• CadenWalshCadenWalsh Member
    42 karma

I just finished, but during my exam my proctor forgot to do the room scan after the break. So they made me do it during the exam, I lost about 4-5 minutes just because of the confusion of it all. So I had to rush through the entire section and would have had 5 minutes to spare which we all know is crucial.

Is there anything I can do about this? or is my exam just gonna suffer.

• _lilvill_lilvill Member
    13 karma

Anyone else having connectivity/technical issues with Sat April 30th testing administration?

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

@_lilvill, I didn't take it, but based on the reactions over at reddit (r/lsat) it looks like there were some technical issues today with the test and quite a few people are being asked to reschedule.

• sammychewssammychews Member
    210 karma

Was supposed to take it today (Sat. April 30) and it took 20 minutes to even connect with a proctor, they took forever to message me, then told me that due to technical issues, I'm being forced to reschedule to May 3 or May 10. I was told the only way to reschedule is wait for a ProctorU live chat representative, and they don't know how long it'll take to connect me with one.

I also tried calling the two numbers on the LSAC site and the calls won't go through... if anyone has successfully rescheduled please let me know!!!

• kaitlyn.drakekaitlyn.drake Member
    16 karma

@sammychews I haven't been able to get through either, but I submitted a complaint through the LSAC website. I hope that helps!

• 20 karma

Just got done with April LSAT. Had connectivity issues that lead to nearly 2 hours of delay. I was told by proctors that I could not get up to use the restroom.
    How do I submit a complaint to LSAC? I just sent them an email, is there another better way?
    Who else had connectivity issues?

• kaitlyn.drakekaitlyn.drake Member
    16 karma

@sheldonfburnell That's really awful, I'm sorry to hear that. I had connectivity problems too. I submitted my complaint through the LSAC wesbite. I believe I just Googled "Submit LSAT Complaint," but I think it might be somewhere near in the "LSAT Status" tab

• S.SchaitkinS.Schaitkin Core Member
    12 karma

Just got told that due to problems with LSAC hub I would have to reschedule for 5/3 or 5/10. Love that LSAC is being so thoughtful toward people with jobs. Submitted a Candidate Complaint, if anyone is actually able to reschedule please please let me know :(

• alfonsougartealfonsougarte Member
    10 karma

I waited on hold for 30 minutes with LSAC before getting through and being told that all they could do is submit a formal complaint on my behalf to reschedule. I could have done this on my own and had my formal complaint submitted much earlier. If you are unable to get through to LSAC, go into your LSAC account, click on the "View LSAT Registration and Statuses" link from the My Home tab, and beneath your April LSAT registration info click the link to submit a formal complaint.
    If you are like me and were unable to even start the test or the test froze/disconnected while you were taking it, you will most likely want to select "Connectivity Issues" and then "LawHub" from the two dropdown menus, then describe what happened and include your preference for May 3rd or May 10th in the description.

If you are on hold or trying to get through to LSAC right now, know that all they will be able to do for you is what I've just described above. And even after they submit a complaint on your behalf, you will still have to do it yourself.

Hope that helps! We're all in this together. Onward!

210 karma

For those of you who had to reschedule the April LSAT... how likely do you think getting a refund from LSAC is?

• WickedLostWickedLost Member
    481 karma

My section got stopped twice and then my proctor made a mistake so I lost 4 minutes of the section. I am so angry.

• jacwhitejacwhite Core Member
    edited April 2022 4 karma

Will you have to retest if your test got stopped for a while but you were able to resume and complete the test?

• tpulls163tpulls163 Core Member
    3 karma

Anybody who needs to reschedule do not do it through LSAC! It can be done through proctoru livechat. I was one of those who lost connection and wasn't able to take today and was able to reschedule it for the 3rd.

• tapny1tapny1 Alum Member
    181 karma

@CadenWalsh said:
    I just finished, but during my exam my proctor forgot to do the room scan after the break. So they made me do it during the exam, I lost about 4-5 minutes just because of the confusion of it all. So I had to rush through the entire section and would have had 5 minutes to spare which we all know is crucial.

>
    This happened to me in March. I ignored the bubble popping up from the chat, but it still cost me about six points. I did not complain at the time.(needed a score) I took the test again on Friday, and this time reminded the proctor that he had to make me do the 360 test after the break. It cost me one minute but it was better than a pop-up bubble popping for the entire section. Ugh.
    If you don’t need a score right now, I would complain. Good luck.

• 269 karma

@CadenWalsh said:

Is there anything I can do about this? or is my exam just gonna suffer.

This happened to me last year. I submitted a test day complaint via LSAC. They canceled my score and gave me a coupon that waived all fees associated with the next available LSAT. You're certainly not the only person who has run into this.

481 karma

if we file the complaint and select the "cancel score to retake" option, but the dates they provide don't work for us, do we have the option to change our mind and keep the April 30th score? or will that test remain canceled? I want to file my complaint before the time runs out but I'm not sure that I can retake on the dates they have provided

• alexandra.r.leonardoalexandra.r.leonardo Yearly Member
    12 karma

I ended up taking the April exam after waiting over an hour. Even had to wait an additional 15 minutes during the "10 minute break" because the proctor could not enter the correct password, AND lost time during the test because the proctor needed me to adjust my camera settings.

I called LSAC to see if they would compensate a future exam (they will consider giving you a test date other than May or June). However, they will only do so if I cancel my April score. Trying to apply for school in September so I need to keep this one just in case something happens with my future exam too.

For anyone wanting to reschedule BUT you decided to take the April test: they said you must put in a request by the end of TODAY.

• matt.hip595matt.hip595 Core Member
    62 karma

I took the April LSATs and completed them successfully. Ironically I still have to complete my writing section today due to difficulties with my previous LSAT. Overall, with the help of 7Sage, I think I might have bumped my score up from a 152 in October 2021 to something into the higher 150s (I hope). Thanks 7sage for being an affordable, helpful, and effective online learning platform.

481 karma

can we discuss specifics about the sections now or has the guidance changed?

• kaleysmith6161kaleysmith6161 Core Member
    2 karma

Have a feeling my RC section that i felt best on was unscored since it was much different than any prompts i had seen before but here's to hoping!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@WickedLost said:
    can we discuss specifics about the sections now or has the guidance changed?

Hi there,

You can't discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions, but you can discuss what sections you had, how difficult you found a given section, or whether the sections were scored or unscored.

• caliclementscaliclements Member
    edited May 2022 11 karma

I wrote the Friday the 29th date and had two RCs trying to determine which one was scored...Overall, I thought the RCs were easier than I had found the PT's but I could be totally off. Normally I have trouble getting through all 4 passages but on both sets I got through without too much difficulty, LR seemed pretty standard, games were on the more difficult side of PTs I'd found but again none that seemed impossible -- what did other ppl think?

481 karma

@caliclements said:
    I wrote the Friday the 29th date and had two RCs trying to determine which one was scored...Overall, I thought the RCs were easier than I had found the PT's but I could be totally off. Normally I have trouble getting through all 4 passages but on both sets I got through without too much difficulty, LR seemed pretty standard, games were on the more difficult side of PTs I'd found but again none that seemed impossible -- what did other ppl think?

I had two RC sections as well, one with the brainstorming comparative passage and one with the medical ethics comparative passage. I thought the brainstorming one was harder so I hope it's the unscored section

edited May 2022 11 karma

@WickedLost said:

@caliclements said:

I had two RC sections as well, one with the brainstorming comparative passage and one with the medical ethics comparative passage. I thought the brainstorming one was harder so I hope it's the unscored section

I think that I saw people on a Reddit thread saying that they believed the brainstorming one with the melodrama play passage was the unscored, and the medical ethics one was scored. I agree I thought the brainstorming set was the harder of the two so fingers crossed.

• AryanSingh-1AryanSingh-1 Member
    edited May 2022 342 karma

I had same stuff medical ethic then brainstorm. RC sec 1 medical ethic, psychiatrist then RC sec 3, intangible law passage and brainstorm. That melodrama was dam. I had no clue

• AryanSingh-1AryanSingh-1 Member
    342 karma

@caliclements said:

@WickedLost said:

@caliclements said:

I think that I saw people on a Reddit thread saying that they believed the brainstorming one with the melodrama play passage was the unscored, and the medical ethics one was scored. I agree I thought the brainstorming set was the harder of the two so fingers crossed.

What is the relevant facts leading to the conclusion of melodrama being not real? Can you please share. I am hoping that as well.

11 karma

@AryanSingh said:

@caliclements said:

@WickedLost said:

@caliclements said:

What is the relevant facts leading to the conclusion of melodrama being not real? Can you please share. I am hoping that as well.

Unfortunately now I think I was incorrect, the PowerScore guys that do the test recaps just released the April 2022 LSAT Recap and they are pretty sure that is the scored section with the melodrama passage. This is because the Japanese earthquake passage from that section has already shown up on multiple past experimental sections - they referenced Nov 2020 and they don't have any data at all about any of the passages in the other section, making them think that was the experimental. I was hoping that was the real one as well. They also predict that the scoring scale for the test will be -8 for a 170, and approx -13 for a 165.
    Hope this helps

210 karma

I took it on 5/3 after having to reschedule. My order was LG, RC, LR, RC. Did anyone think that the Logic Games section was extra difficult?