Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting on Behalf of a 7Sage User: Advice on reading the stimulus

Maureen --Student Service--Maureen --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
in Sage Advice 404 karma

[I am posting on behalf of a 7Sage user. Please feel free to leave your comments below. Thank you for your help!]

Hi there, I was wondering if I could get some advice. When I read the stimulus I usually read it out loud (like the instructor in the videos) to fully understand what the stimulus is saying and to better retain the information. Should I continue doing this as it works, or should I try to read the stimulus in my head. My fear is that I will be accused of cheating when reading the stimulus out loud.

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Unfortunately, you’re not allowed to read anything out loud during the real test. Additionally, it’s important to know you’re not allowed to mouth words while reading during the test, either. I totally understand your struggle (When I started studying, I often mouthed words while reading), but I think it’s definitely best to start practicing reading in your head and without mouthing the words.

• dmlang22dmlang22 Member
    130 karma

If you have an learning disability or something that would require you to read aloud, you can request accommodations! You would need to provide proof of your disability, though, which is usually a diagnosis and supporting documents from a doctor or professional.