Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hitting a wall

lucasjameszieglerlucasjamesziegler Core Member
in General 380 karma

After studying 15-20 hours a week for the last three and a half months I feel like I am just going through the motions with tests/review and not getting much out of them. What is a good strategy to get back to it!

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2245 karma

Have you take any breaks? Or taken a break recently?

• 180Meathead180Meathead Alum Member
    31 karma

fix ur review man

• lucasjameszieglerlucasjamesziegler Core Member
    380 karma

I have not taken any breaks except a week long one when my dad passed, but that was not very relaxing. @"Matt Sorr"

• e_w115e_w115 Core Member
    8 karma

I would suggest taking a break for a bit and also really focusing in on one skill you'd like to improve. I find by improving my skills one at a time, I'm able to achieve better results.

• egianaris12-1egianaris12-1 Alum Member
    3 karma

Just take the LSAT and see how you do.

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2245 karma

@lucasjamesziegler as @e_w115 stated, I’d recommend taking a break, if you have the time, and thinking as little about the lsat as possible during that break. Then, when you come back, perhaps focus on really drilling some LG or a different section you’d like to improve.

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

@lucasjamesziegler,

Are you seeing any improvement in your blind review scores? If not then you need to reassess what you're doing. E.g., if you're scoring low in blind review/untimed work then you might need to work on your fundamental skills. If you're improving in blind review/untimed work relative to your timed work then it could be a timing issue. You need to diagnose what the problem is here or else you're going to keep spinning your wheels.

If you're feeling burn out, take a break. Make sure you're exercising. Take care of yourself. Best of luck and please accept my condolences for your loss. You got this.

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4588 karma

Hey there!

The issue could be a number of things, but 7Sage tutoring may be able to help! Feel free to schedule a free consultation with a 7Sage tutor so we can help you diagnose what's going on. Even if you're not ready to purchase sessions, we'll at least be able to set you off on the right path and identify some things you can do by yourself to help improve your score.

You can schedule a session with one of our tutors here: https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consult

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me or comment below!

• lucasjameszieglerlucasjamesziegler Core Member
    380 karma

Thanks everyone! Seeing big gains on BR, and wrong answers are pretty obvious once I re-look at questions in BR. @"Chris Nguyen" i have a consult scheduled with y’all Saturday.
    Thanks @claremont BR last time was 160, time before that was 168 so the potential is there.