LAWHUB vs 7Sage - why is it different?

jarjarbinks-1-1jarjarbinks-1-1 Core Member
in General 9 karma

I was trying to make a problem set on here using questions I got wrong on various preptests in Lawhub, but when I went to add PT 62, S2, Q18 (which in Lawhub is a SA question re: planets/solar system) it pulled up a completely different question (MBF question re: computer programming). is there a reason and/or a solution? thank youuu

Comments

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited May 2022 6866 karma

I've seen this issue with some of my students. When LawHub was created, LSAC made the decision to change the section order of every test into a consistent LG-LR-LR-RC, as opposed to the random order of the tests as they were initially released. IMO that's stupid, but whatever. They then apparently proceeded to swap LR section order in some, but not all, of the tests, for reasons that I can't fathom.

The question you're looking for is PT 62 S4 Q18 according to the originally released paper version. The original test was ordered RC - LR1 - LG - LR2, and 62 on LawHub is ordered LG - LR2 - LR1 - RC. So 62 appears to be one of the tests where they randomly swapped the LR section order.

The latest in a long line of evidence that LSAC doesn't use its own products/doesn't care about them being usable/has shitty advisors that have no idea what they're doing.

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1431 karma

@"jarjarbinks-1" said:
    I was trying to make a problem set on here using questions I got wrong on various preptests in Lawhub, but when I went to add PT 62, S2, Q18 (which in Lawhub is a SA question re: planets/solar system) it pulled up a completely different question (MBF question re: computer programming). is there a reason and/or a solution? thank youuu

Hi there,

The order of 7Sage's PrepTest sections does not match with Law Hub. The order of our PrepTest sections matches the original order of those PrepTests when they were initially published by LSAC, which varies seemingly randomly. So the section order does not match Law Hub, and is not constant.

If you noticed the order of sections in a few PrepTests matching Law Hub, that is purely by chance.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions!

• irajziairajzia Live Member
    2 karma

Is there a way to match up lawhub PT sections with 7sage? Like a key or something? I’m trying to create personalised drills on here using lawhub questions and I can’t figure out how to do it.