Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the most common question types on LR?

mrlsat180mrlsat180 Alum Member
edited January 2014 in General 118 karma
What are the most common question types on LR, as in the types such as weakening, principle etc that appear the most often on the test. We know what the most common LG types are, I'm just wondering if there are also any hard statistics for LR?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited January 2014 3658 karma
    I remember my old lsat prep course providing us a percentages pie chart of all the question types. I believe assumption types are probably the most prevalent.
  • annkang1005annkang1005 Alum Member
    63 karma
    you see a lot of:
    flaws and inferences (4~6) > necessary/sufficient assumptions (2~5)> strengthen/weaken questions (2~4) > supporting principles, conclusions, main point, disagreement, explain discrepancy, matching flaw/reasoning, and functions (0~2)

This is what seems to occur generally
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Fundamentally, you want to work on identifying assumptions. Besides the technical assumption questions (sufficient and necessary), other questions are testing this ability. For example, a strengthen question can be relying on your capacity to find the argument's gap and fill it.