Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mobile Hotspot on Test Day

belluhhhbelluhhh Member

Has anyone used a mobile hotspot on an official exam recently? I used a hotspot when I took the exam in June 2021 and I had no issues. I don't think I let my proctor know that but my phone was in sight of the camera the whole time. I'm retaking the exam this Saturday and I just read over the rules and it says that we can't use a hotspot or VPN...I don't know if this is a new rule but I'm not really sure what to do because my WiFi does not pass the internet speed test but my hotspot does. Anyone have any insight?

Comments

• jaw2dg-1-1-1jaw2dg-1-1-1 Alum Member
    25 karma

I would send LSAC support an e-mail explaining your situation. I would assume they will work with you the best they can.

• lazarus7lazarus7 Alum Member
    207 karma

Do not take the chance. This exam is too important. LSAC reimburses up to $125 for those who wish to stay in a hotel and need solid wifi. Take that option and the free resource, if it's available. I would advise you call them sometime this week first though, just to make sure, if you did not originally request those hotel/wifi accommodations before the deadline. The test is already stressful enough as it is. No need for unnecessary complications.

• Not sure how feasible this is because everyone has their own unique set of circumstances, but I booked a room in my university's library for test day to use. We only have a few students here over the summer so the library is virtually empty. I wanted to avoid jumping through reimbursement hoops so chose to go this route!