Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2022 7Sage 7K Scholarship

Tajira McCoyTajira McCoy Member Administrator Admissions Consultant
edited June 2022 in Law School Admissions 694 karma

We are currently accepting applications for the 2022 7K scholarship! At 7Sage, our mission is to make legal education accessible, but talk is cheap and school is expensive. We’re putting our money where our mouth is and offering a series of awards to seven aspiring law students. Our goal is to support aspiring lawyers who will work toward a more just future and to help increase diversity at top law schools. At least half of the awards will go to under-represented minorities.

Here’s the full schedule of awards:

One winner
- An award of $7,000 upon matriculation
- A pro bono 12-month subscription to 7Sage’s LSAT prep course
- A pro bono Admissions Consulting package

One first runner-up
- An award of $1,000 upon matriculation
- A pro bono 12-month subscription to 7Sage’s LSAT prep course
- A pro bono Admissions Consulting package

Two second runners-up
- A pro bono 9-month subscription to 7Sage’s LSAT prep course
- A pro bono package of 7Sage’s Unlimited Editing for One Essay service

Two third runners-up
- A pro bono 6-month subscription to 7Sage’s LSAT prep course
- A pro bono package of 7Sage’s 1-hour consulting service

One fourth runner-up
- A pro bono 1-month subscription to 7Sage’s LSAT prep course
- A pro bono package of 7Sage’s Edit Once service

Apply by July 1. Full details and this year's application are available here: https://7sage.com/7k-scholarship/.

Comments

• GJStaatsGJStaats Member
    12 karma

Are these awards open for persons applying to Canadian JD programs or is it strictly American JD programs only?

• NNNNJJJJNNNNJJJJ Alum Member
    54 karma

who are some people we can list for the contact info of "someone who might be able to verify some of this information"? A friend? Professor?? A professional reference/supervisor?

• BandmanrillBandmanrill Yearly Member
    edited June 2022 14 karma

@GJStaats said:
    Are these awards open for persons applying to Canadian JD programs or is it strictly American JD programs only?

I would assume only American seeing as the link with full details specifies it is open to students pursuing an American JD.

I was hoping it was available for Canadian JD programs too :(

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

I feel like my chances of winning are so low lol...but I'm broke as hell. what a dilemma.

• Tajira McCoyTajira McCoy Member Administrator Admissions Consultant
    694 karma

Hi @Ashley2018, former admissions officer and current consultant here--it's certainly worth it to try!

694 karma

Hi @NNNNJJJJ, 7Sage Consultant here--you can list someone that you would be able to use as a reference--they could be a professional reference, a mentor, or whomever you think could best attest to the information you're including.

694 karma

Hi @GJStaats, thank you for your question! Yes, this scholarship program is currently for candidates applying specifically to American JD programs.

694 karma

Hi @Bandmanrill, thanks for responding, and you are correct. I appreciate your comment--we'll be sure to see how we may be able to expand the scholarship program for the future!

• yayu.zhengyayu.zheng Free Trial Member
    22 karma

When will the result be released?

• 6 karma

Hi, just a follow-up question, I was wondering gor the 'someone who might be able to verify some of this information', which information is this referring to. The financial aspect or more one's background and mission?

694 karma

Hi @yayu.zheng, thank you for your question! You can anticipate that winners would be announced a few weeks after the application deadline.

694 karma

Hi @inioluwa.ade, thank you for your question! It would be best to use a reference that has knowledge about multiple aspects of your candidacy. Use your best judgment!

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

could we see writing samples from winners?

• Hi,are there some writing samples from previous winners? It may help us get a general sense of the essays. Thank you.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @Ashley2018 and @"maria_617-1"

Sorry, due to privacy concerns, we are unable to share writing samples from previous winners.

Let me know if you have any further questions.