Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official June 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited June 2022 in June 2022 LSAT 1390 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official June 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the June LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET tonight. So please be patient for just several hours.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in June
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the June LSAT!

Please keep all discussions of the June 2022 LSAT here!

Comments

• 41 karma

this is only tangentially related but do we know if they're ever going to disclose a test again? It's been two years and some newer PTs would be really nice, plus it'd be cool to take one where we're able to see how we actually did on the real test.

• JuneLSATJuneLSAT Member
    edited June 2022 10 karma

Best of luck!

• Claire123Claire123 Member
    edited June 2022 62 karma

The first RC section killed me, second one was much better
    LG felt pretty straightforward nothing crazy
    LR was also difficult for me! flagged more qs than usual
    good luck everyone :)

• racheln8181racheln8181 Member
    21 karma

I had 2 RCs. The first one was the hardest RC I have ever done. Definitely panicked a little, which affected my performance on the LG (normally get -1/-2, but I think this one would be -3/-4). I was able to keep it together for the second portion, but man, that was honestly the most dreaded scenario (2 RCs) for me. ..

• yayu.zhengyayu.zheng Free Trial Member
    edited June 2022 22 karma

LR RC LG RC
    Is it just me? I was completely lost for the second RC. The first was fine... If the second one counts I am definitely screwed...

• afulbright.2000afulbright.2000 Free Trial Member
    edited June 2022 24 karma

RC LG RC LR

First RC had a game on a political leader being flexible with morality. Also had a science passage talking about the life of stars equation to the life of galaxies and how scientific simulations aren’t advanced enough to predictably estimate information about the galaxies. Also discussed Newtonian (sp) fluid? Felt confident in this section and LG.

Second RC section was harder for me, but possibly because RC is not my favorite section on the LSAT and I had already pushed through one RC section. Had topic on plants adapting to native & non-native surroundings…

LR was more difficult for me, but again I feel that going through two RC sections probably contributed to it.

• legal_eaglelegal_eagle Member
    72 karma

I am glad to hear that others found some of the passages especially challenging. Obviously two RC sections is far from ideal for most students. I also found the LR more challenging than usual. Logic games were pretty fair. Now the wait begins!

• Srstich14-1Srstich14-1 Member
    edited June 2022 6 karma

Curious about how others feel that had two LR? I had LG/LR/LR/RC.

I felt fortunate in that the exam resembled PT's structure I am used to, but I typically do not perform well on RC (I knowingly sit between two answers and will pick the wrong one), and left feeling confident in this section (gymnast maneuvers, jury selection transformation, and two other). Both of the LR sections gave me trouble so I don't feel great about either of them... at all.

• phillyphilly1phillyphilly1 Free Trial Member
    edited June 2022 2 karma

@"Srstich14-1" said:
    Curious about how others feel that had two LR? I had LG/LR/LR/RC.

I felt fortunate in that the exam resembled PT's structure I am used to, but I typically do not perform well on RC (I knowingly sit between two answers and will pick the wrong one), and left feeling confident in this section (gymnast maneuvers, jury selection transformation, and two other). Both of the LR sections gave me trouble so I don't feel great about either of them... at all.

I had the same distribution, although in order LG/LR/RC/LR. Felt similarly that RC and LG were very manageable. The first LR section was kind of difficult but the second felt more straightforward than normal.

• I had LG/LR/RC/LR
    The logic games started fine but third and fourth game came out of nowhere for me, game 4 had a team thing I never really figured out.
    Two Lr first was HARD second was okay, and my RC seemed decent.
    Really hope the first LR was expiremental. congrats to everyone for finishing. This exam sucks and it doesn't get any easier.

• GilgameshGilgamesh Member
    edited June 2022 52 karma

RC-LG-RC-LR

Am the only one who was sweating on logic game #3? I couldn't push out any inferences and was forced to brute force. I'm glad I completed game #4 before returning to #3 so hopefully I was able to minimize the damage in that section.

Both RC sections felt very fair to me but I was lucky to have some background in a couple of the passages that made the readings a bit easier.

Felt exhausted on the LR section but it was overall manageable. I think they threw in a difficult question within the first 10 questions but I could be mistaken.

Best of luck to everyone!

• 14 karma

LG-LR-RC-LR

I usually am pretty good with LG and get the games done within the time but the 3rd and 4th game ate up my time making me guess on a couple of questions. I hope the first LR was the experiment for me. I don’t know if I couldn’t focus because I was so mad about my LG performance or if it was harder then the other LR section.

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

WITNESS ME

• Live_Laugh_LawsuitLive_Laugh_Lawsuit Yearly Member
    edited June 2022 16 karma

Did you guys receive email confirmation or a status indication on Lawhub that your exam was completed and received without issue? I'm paranoid about exiting the exam correctly. and I can't seem to find any indication whether my exam was received properly.

• 240 karma

@Live_Laugh_Lawsuit said:
    Did you guys receive email confirmation or a status indication on Lawhub that your exam was completed and received without issue? I'm paranoid about exiting the exam correctly. and I can't seem to find any indication whether my exam was received properly.

No, it's very anticlimactic. There really should be a completed confirmation, but there's not. You can go to your ProctorU account and it should say "fulfilled' next to your scheduled time!

• edited June 2022 10 karma

Hope everyone's testing experiences went well!

Edited by Admin: Please note that speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET tonight (June 11).

• sgriffgorsgriffgor Member
    98 karma

Had a completely fair test that I was well prepared for only to be completely wrecked by the proctor interrupting me during RC (destroyed my focus for that whole section) and my own silly self for making a dumb mistake on games

• Airdire ABAirdire AB Core Member
    35 karma

Weird LSAT Experiance - LR-LG-RC-TOLD Experimental?

I had LR which I found very difficult but I think I pulled through. LG was harder, but not crazy, then RC was quite easy. BUT my last section was a experimental that was a variation on logic games with survey questioins. Did anyone else get this? It was told in BOLD this is an unscored section, and it seemed like they were testing something new? Lemme know if this happened to anyone else?

98 karma

@"Airdire AB" I did not get that but it makes sense to me. The current logic games section will end soon — in 2023. They now need to come up with a totally different analytical reasoning section. You can read up on it online!

• hidef.pers-1hidef.pers-1 Free Trial Member
    12 karma

@"Airdire AB" said:

I had LR which I found very difficult but I think I pulled through. LG was harder, but not crazy, then RC was quite easy. BUT my last section was a experimental that was a variation on logic games with survey questioins. Did anyone else get this? It was told in BOLD this is an unscored section, and it seemed like they were testing something new? Lemme know if this happened to anyone else?

I had this order and the survey LG section. I was so confused.

• Emily SloanEmily Sloan Member
    84 karma

@"Airdire AB" Same here! Myself and a friend both had the survey last. For me it was RC-LG-LR-Survey. I was quite surprised.

84 karma

@sgriffgor Makes complete sense actually considering the survey was regarding which notes we took to answer LG questions, and how necessary we found the notes to be to answer the question.

• 240 karma

Doesn't seem fair to me that some folks were told which section was experimental while some weren't. I don't care if they need it for researching the future of logic games, it's not a standardized testing experience when some are told which sections are experimental and others are not.

84 karma

@atticusbinch00 It wasn’t a typical experimental section. It was a survey regarding using paper for diagramming/ notes etc. for the changes to LG coming in 2023. It wouldn’t have been possible to grade the section as it was a survey.

• _megana__megana_ Member
    edited June 2022 64 karma

@atticusbinch00 Seems like everyone above who had that kind of section had it last, so they wouldn't know until the end

• WheatleyWheatley Member
    10 karma

This was my first LSAT so I am freaked by the wrath of LSAC. Does anyone know if we are allowed to discuss which sections were experimental yet? Slightly confused as I see conflicting info.

35 karma

@Wheatley, I beleive its after 9pm tonight? but just to be sure I would wait until tomorrow to specualte on the experimentials. @atticusbinch00 The individuals who make LSAT are professioinals with decades of experiance with standarized exams, I am positive they weighed the fairness appropriately.

• mstautfest-1mstautfest-1 Yearly Member
    7 karma

@"Airdire AB" said:

I had the exact same test. I was extremely surprised they actually said it was experimental. What did you think about the questions? I thought they were pretty easy compared to the LG questions I got.

35 karma

@mstautfest-1, I was suprised at first, but I don't think they had a choice, we would of known it was experimental either way. I found them quite easy compared to the rest of the exam for sure. How did you find the LR ?

98 karma

@atticusbinch00 I agree with you and let’s face it, the LSAT is not fair. I’m seeing that for the June test, some people had their exam kicked off with an extremely difficult RC section. Those people have to wonder for the entire rest of the test, was that experimental? It’s also a big confidence zapper. So certainly compared with having an easy survey at the end, that exam was difficult. I also think the test I took was “easier” (less stressful) based on comments I’m seeing. In my opinion, small factors like section order and the difficulty of the experimental section can affect scores. That’s the LSAT roulette.

• Anna ArmadaAnna Armada Yearly Member
    14 karma

RC-LG-RC-LR
    English is my second language and this is my first time to take a proctored official LSAT. The first RC made me panic. I held my breathe to the point that I started to feel dizzy. LG is my strongest part in PTs, but I stressed out at Game 3 (partically because of my terrible experience in my first RC) and didn't get time to finish the rest of the games. During my 10 mins' break, I wanted to give up on this test. But I continued.
    The beginning of the second half of the test was a lot smoothier than the first half. I reminded myself to keep breathing as I concentrate on the test. My family thought my exam would finish at 1pm but it actually went to 1:30pm. They made some phone calls around 1:15pm when I was doing the last 10 LR questions. I was distracted and stressed again at the end of the test.

Some takeaways from this "super practice test":
    1. Keep on breathing deeply while wading through
    2. Skip to the next game if having trouble setting up the current game
    3. Make sure I have a quiet environment to the end of the test next time
    4. keep on practicing!

I think I can do a lot better next time!

• kanel1995kanel1995 Member
    226 karma

@"Anna Armada" said:
    RC-LG-RC-LR
    English is my second language and this is my first time to take a proctored official LSAT. The first RC made me panic. I held my breathe to the point that I started to feel dizzy. LG is my strongest part in PTs, but I stressed out at Game 3 (partically because of my terrible experience in my first RC) and didn't get time to finish the rest of the games. During my 10 mins' break, I wanted to give up on this test. But I continued.
    The beginning of the second half of the test was a lot smoothier than the first half. I reminded myself to keep breathing as I concentrate on the test. My family thought my exam would finish at 1pm but it actually went to 1:30pm. They made some phone calls around 1:15pm when I was doing the last 10 LR questions. I was distracted and stressed again at the end of the test.

Some takeaways from this "super practice test":
    1. Keep on breathing deeply while wading through
    2. Skip to the next game if having trouble setting up the current game
    3. Make sure I have a quiet environment to the end of the test next time
    4. keep on practicing!

I think I can do a lot better next time!

You can do better! Good thing you've taken some lessons from this experience. If you can, make sure you have your entire house to yourself when you take it next time. That way you're not anxious about someone getting unexpectedly loud.

Good luck

• sb253310sb253310 Member
    edited June 2022 58 karma

i hope it's okay to post this here but this blog post does a good job of explaining the experimental survey section for anyone still confused! : https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-june-2022-lsat-experimental-section-what-happened/

• I have two LR, one RC, and last LG. I look at game 3, then skip to game 4, then back to 3, have a few mins left. I was interrupt one time during LR, asked me to pull down camera. If they can see my face, I dont see any reason, why would they need to yell at me at all, and the clock was still running, definitely not a pleasant experience. My connection was perfect all the time, it was just out of luck during break I went back 5 mins left, they complaint about my connection breaking off, the heck with it. I waited for some mins for tech to check my connection. My wife thinking I should complain. But you know what? I dont really care, I agreed the exam is a little none reasonable, make no sense for preparing for law school, but somehow, it is manageable. I will say the first posts about RC is none of what I have seen, I have the same section with the one RC, and I agrees with the content of the post about gym and body etc. Wasnot the best of the RC that I would have taken-mostly my fault for not following my routine, but it was my first taken, and I was quite consistent in RC scores, so I am not too worry. Two LR seems to be easier for me, the second one I end up with some time left.

• kacypana839kacypana839 Member
    30 karma

So are we able to talk about the sessions now?

• 4 karma

We can talk about the sessions

98 karma

@"Cherry - 7Sage Student Service" Hi Cherry, could you confirm whether students are now allowed to discuss the sections in detail?

• HopefullyHLSHopefullyHLS Member
    445 karma

How did you find the international LSAT?

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    848 karma

@sgriffgor said:
    @"Cherry - 7Sage Student Service" Hi Cherry, could you confirm whether students are now allowed to discuss the sections in detail?

Hi @sgriffgor ,

Yes, you can now discuss the sections you had. Please note that only general discussion of what sections you had, how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored can be discussed.

Thank you for cooperating!

• LSATMaster89LSATMaster89 Member
    10 karma

@megana said:
    @atticusbinch00 Seems like everyone above who had that kind of section had it last, so they wouldn't know until the end

You're right but for the people who took the June 10th test and others who did not receive the experimental we were not given as nice of a distribution as these test takers were.
    For example I got RC-LG-RC-LR which is a really tough sequence because my brain is completely melted from reading two RC sections before an LR section. The experimental takers got their three scored sections in the first three sections which helped their mental vs the rest of us who were drained.
    Now, if LSAC had given everyone the same distribution for the first three then I wouldn't be complaining.

• issalyssaissalyssa Member
    32 karma

I was one of the people who got the experimental section on the 11th and my distribution was RC-LG-LR-EXP, which the moment the experimental section came, meant that my performance for the other 3 sections counted. I didn't have an extra section to count on, just in-case I received a difficult RC/LG/LR. I was hoping for an extra LR section since the LR given was much more difficult, so I was pretty disappointed once the experimental section popped up.

• C_S_D 01C_S_D 01 Member
    252 karma

I took the international yesterday. I believe the unscored was the first and it was pretty hard. I ended with LR and that is also hard! To LSATMaster89: i dont think anything about the LSAT is fair OR easy!!

But my overall feeling: relief and gratitude. I did it!!!! 😊🙌

30 karma

Powerscore Podcast: super hard RC section of RC LG RC LR was experimental. I can breathe now ….

• HopefullyHLSHopefullyHLS Member
    445 karma

@kacypana839 said:
    Powerscore Podcast: super hard RC section of RC LG RC LR was experimental. I can breathe now ….

Did the podcast also cover the international June LSAT?

30 karma

Yes, they do !

• SanJuan_IslandsSanJuan_Islands Core Member
    16 karma

This was my first time taking the LSAT and I am very glad that I will be taking it again.

The proctor for the writing section was very strict in comparison to the multi-choice proctor(s). I was told I had to leave the room and grab my cell phone which I purposely did not have in the room because I didn't want to deal with it and they didn't explicitly state it needed to be in the room, only that it could be used as a mirror.

I understand that having it in the room, turned off, could limit anyone from possibly cheating during a break and I am happy to go through all of the steps. A very small potatoes situation but one that still kind of boggled my mind.

Additionally, some of my questions in the RC were highlighted. It was as if someone else had marked up a paper test except it's all electronic. When I told them something was wrong, I had very little assistance or guidance and no idea if I was suppose to keep going or not-- meanwhile my time was ticking away. Needless to say, I kept going to the best of my ability.

Did anyone else have a weird situation like mine?

• kanel1995kanel1995 Member
    226 karma

@SanJuan_Islands said:
    This was my first time taking the LSAT and I am very glad that I will be taking it again.

The proctor for the writing section was very strict in comparison to the multi-choice proctor(s). I was told I had to leave the room and grab my cell phone which I purposely did not have in the room because I didn't want to deal with it and they didn't explicitly state it needed to be in the room, only that it could be used as a mirror.

I understand that having it in the room, turned off, could limit anyone from possibly cheating during a break and I am happy to go through all of the steps. A very small potatoes situation but one that still kind of boggled my mind.

Additionally, some of my questions in the RC were highlighted. It was as if someone else had marked up a paper test except it's all electronic. When I told them something was wrong, I had very little assistance or guidance and no idea if I was suppose to keep going or not-- meanwhile my time was ticking away. Needless to say, I kept going to the best of my ability.

Did anyone else have a weird situation like mine?

They have proctors for the writing section? I did not know this; don't think there was one when I took the test back in March

• C_S_D 01C_S_D 01 Member
    252 karma

I just got an email a day ago saying that I need to retake Writing because of a blurred ID photo.
    I was never prompted to show an ID at all so I held it up to the camera at one point and says, "Don't you need to see this?"
    Still got flagged and now i likely won't get my score on time, argh.

What IS the proper way to show the ID so this doesn't happen again?

• 7 karma

Does anyone know if scores typically get released earlier than the projected score date?

• rachel mcdrachel mcd Member
    12 karma

Anyone know where to look to see if a break down of how many questions right/wrong in the specific sections? Do they not show that?