Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crazy Excited

kanel1995kanel1995 Member
in June 2023 LSAT 226 karma

Hi guys! I've always seen people write this and I've always felt really encouraged reading them. I hoped I get to write one someday, and that day is today!! I officially started studying for this test maybe 10 months ago. I started with Khan academy: they introduced me to the lsat. It was largely a waste of time. And I came to find out later on that they ruined a lot of the more recent PTs for me (they use them in their lessons). I did not make much progress. I think my first 2 PTs after Khan was a 147 and 149 (not sure).

I needed something different, so I turned to Mike Kim's lsat trainer. Finished it in like a month. Got a low/mid 150s in my first PT after this. Much better, but my LR needed some final tweaking, so I got the Loophole. It didn't do too much for me, but it was the one source that straightened out NA question types for me. But my real Achilles' hill was LG. It was killing me. I'm talking -12, or worse a lot of times. That's entirely what brought me to 7sage around Nov. 2021. I got here and started fool-proofing, as J.Y (and Mike Kim and almost everyone else) suggested. I made some real progress and by March, 2022 when I first took the actual test, I was getting -5 or better on most PTs. Got a lot mid 160s, a 169, and a 170 leading up to the March test.

March test day came. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped on the LG section. Ended up with a 162. Truth is I was proud of myself, but also desperately wanted to do better. I mean if you offered me a 162 when I first started studying for this test, I would have taken it in a heartbeat. Long story short, I enrolled for the June test. I went back to drilling games again, replaying the same games I've played maybe 6 times already. Kept doing LR and RC. Took the test and waited anxiously. Checked my score this morning and I got a 167! It's not the coveted 170, but it's a score I am extremely proud! I think my lsat journey is over

This is entirely too long, but I hope someone finds something in it encouraging and helpful!

Comments

• Steven_B-1Steven_B-1 Member
    794 karma

Congratulations!!! Glad to hear you persevered and made a huge +20 point leap!!

• WhatslsatWhatslsat Member
    476 karma

Congrats!!! You worked hard and deserve all the success. I hope to be in similar situation soon.

Good luck with LS app !!

• kanel1995kanel1995 Member
    226 karma

Thanks guys! Good luck to all of us