Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice

jev_1607jev_1607 Member

I'm totally running out of time studying for the August LSAT and it's so hard to admit it. I'm already signed up and paid and everything, no turning back now.... I'm working full time and thought it would be a lot easier to set aside time to study, not realizing how exhausted I'd be. Any advice on what parts I can skim through or skip ahead to??

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

If there are areas you feel weak or lost in, I’d focus on them. If, for instance, you haven’t been exposed to many logic games and/or you struggle with them, I’d skip to that part of the curriculum and start drilling games while studying other weak areas. If you aren’t comfortable with RC, then skip to it. If you only have a little over a month to study and you haven’t made it through the entire curriculum, I think it would be best to focus on areas you’re weak in. You’ll see the quickest improvement that way. You may have to take a PT or two to discover your weaknesses, but it’ll be worth it.

• ErgasmErgasm Member
    edited July 2022 17 karma

I, too, work full-time, and must force myself through the drudgery of studying for as many hours as I can whenever I can find the time, despite being emotionally and physically drained, lol. I know the struggle.
    First, my best advice for the motivation to study post-work is to start your day knowing that, no matter what, you are going to set aside at least an hour and a half to study once you get home. Planning for the time and keeping it in mind throughout the day makes it much easier for me to acquiesce to the fact that, once I'm home, it's time to get down to business before anything else. And by study, I mean, like, actually study -- not just organize your notes in your binder for an hour and then try to decide what to study for the remaining half hour (which is what I am prone to do lolol). I usually try to do at least one, hopefully two, practice test sections (just sections, not whole tests) every other day and Blind Review them, then make a mental summary of what I need to improve on, which I try to do the next day. Rinse, repeat. I find that, instead of skimming through things, breaking PTs off into digestible pieces makes it easier to do them thoroughly. If you reliably run into issues with a certain section, then I suggest printing a few different PTs and working on just the sections that present the most problems. Identify the question types that are messing with you, then brush up on the core curriculum/approaches to the questions. Make the time you have count.
    And, most importantly, don't shame yourself if there are days you simply cannot bear to look at LSAT prep. You are a human and you're doing a great job. :-)
    PS- Feel free to private message me if the 7sage curriculum isn't connecting with you in some areas. I have sooooo much LSAT prep that I am more than happy to pass along to you (or anyone else, for that matter). Good luck! <3

• Juan23vrJuan23vr Live Member
    298 karma

Take it and take it again if ur not happy. LOL not sure what all ^^ that is about, dont overthink dude its simple

• georgianablythe16georgianablythe16 Alum Member
    142 karma

I work full time as well and knew by May that I wasn't ready to take the LSAT but was in the same boat as you. Already signed up for June. I went into June KNOWING I'd need to retake to get my goal score. It honestly made the test so much easier. I didn't put pressure on myself to get a score that I knew was unattainable at that point. My advice is don't stress. If you're pretty sure based on PT's that you're not going to get the score you want/need, then go in knowing that this LSAT take is more like a practice run. I certainly learned my lesson and I refuse to schedule another test until I'm consistently PT'ing in my goal range. But I am SO PROUD of how I did on my June take. It's not the score I want/need but it's MY score and it's a pretty decent one at that.

Best of luck!!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

@Juan23vr said:
    Take it and take it again if ur not happy. LOL not sure what all ^^ that is about, dont overthink dude its simple

It is not simple at all.