Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Concentration problems

I have been using 7sage for over a year now and ive barely taken practice tests.
Im having trouble concentrating after the first section.
Is there any way to improve or lengthen the amount of time I can study for?
I have about a month left and im not even sure how much ive improved since I cant finish a practice test.

Comments

• melsathopemelsathope Core Member
    112 karma

I had the same problem as you and because of it I now need to take the test for a second time. I have been studying for the same time as you and my test is also in 1 month.
    Two things:
    1. During the test you will have adrenaline and you will realize that, actually, can indeed concentrate for more than 1 section. However, because you didn’t have much practice doing 1+ section at a time, you will not do so well because the fact that you didn’t practice taking 1+ sections at a time will make you nervous (thus leading to mistakes).
    2. Why are you not being able to concentrate? To me, the reason was because I wasn’t really in the mindset to do multiple sections one after the other. I was like “I can’t do this” so I would just simply not do it. But, you don’t have that option in the test, so you might as well force yourself to do it now rather than later.

• melsathopemelsathope Core Member
    112 karma

I also want to add that, once you break that barrier of “only being able to do 1 section at a time” by doing 2-3 sections one after the other, you will realize it’s actually not that bad.

• 11 karma

Hey AnjellaFluffy, concentration has been a problem with me and I will be taking the August test in one month. I have been able to obtain focused concentration after making a disciplined schedule every day. I started running every day and going to bed/waking up early to get into a disciplined schedule. After doing something every day, I started making myself do an LSAT practice test every 2 days. Between those two days, I spent working on the issues I have been having in Logical Reasoning and Logic Games.

By creating a disciplined schedule, I have been able to concentrate more by focusing on doing the same schedule every day. Even if I have activities scheduled for the day I am doing the Practice LSAT, I make sure to accomplish the LSAT no matter what. Although everyone’s situation is different and everybody has a unique way of practicing for the LSAT. By starting to do something similar every day such as jogging, waking up early, doing an LSAT every other day, and working on problems that I face during the LSAT sections like Neccesarry Assumption has helped me increase my LSAT score.

• Juan23vrJuan23vr Live Member
    298 karma

Adderall