Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Econ questions advice

smoothbrainsmoothbrain Member
in General 128 karma

I notice that I consistently struggle with stims or RC passages that deal with econ subjects - does anyone have any suggestions of outside resources I could read/listen through? I want to supplement my LSAT studying with outside content on specific subjects since I find I kind of get paralyzed by econ based questions since I never studied it in uni.

I'm thinking maybe podcasts or articles/books to help me get more comfortable with the terms that often come up in those types of questions so I can hopefully stop overthinking them.

Thanks!

Comments

• sammmm93sammmm93 Alum Member
    232 karma

Most of the sources of info I know of require prerequisite Econ knowledge but I think if you learn the basic laws of supply and demand, you’ll be in good shape. You could use khan academy for that!

• Steven_B-1Steven_B-1 Member
    794 karma

Definitely basics of supply and demand which you can learn on youtube. I think you wouldn’t go wrong on maybe searching for youtube videos that explain the most prominent economic theories that ever existed (classical, neoclassical, neoliberalism, Marxist theories, etc etc). These topics come up a lot and I find them much easier to wade through because I’ve read about these things.

• Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
    919 karma

I wrote a post covering some Econ points!

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/30873/economic-concepts-i-am-learning-that-may-help-you-too

I'd also recommend learning about the Invisible Hand.

best of luck!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Crash Course Economics! I love YouTube edutainment channels for this purpose, and Crash Course is a great place to start for most subjects.

• pierce703pierce703 Member
    49 karma

I am an economics major and I would say that if you read articles relating to the economy or someone mentioned Crash Course Economics, which is also great then you should be able to understand the basics, which so far I have noticed is usually what is used on the LSAT.