Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video player speed function sometimes not showing when I hover

trilieuxtrilieux Core Member
in Off-topic 15 karma

For some reason only some of my videos give me the option to change video playback speed - is anyone else noticing this?
Sometimes for an easier question video I'll watch it at a faster speed and when I go to the next question I want to slow the video down but it's stuck in the faster speed that I changed it to on the last video. And I've noticed only sometimes the playback speed adjuster function shows up and sometimes does not. Is there a pattern to this or something, like are there maybe certain types of videos that don't have that function that I'm not catching on? I'm having that problem right now and I've tried refreshing the page and no matter however much I try to hover on different parts of the video it's not showing. Not urgent problem but can get annoying.

help

Comments

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited July 2022 1390 karma

Hi there,

I am so sorry for the trouble.

I tried to reproduce the issue on my end, but unfortunately, I was not able to. The button to change the video playback speed is available for all the videos that I have accessed through the course.

I will be looking into this and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you can use the following keyboard shortcuts to speed the video down or speed it up, please see the screenshot below:

My apologies again for the trouble and please let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to assist you.