Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any suggestions for RC?

Just started RC for like a month. Realize that most of questions I got wrong are either because I think too much or think too little (ignore some details which are stupidly obvious). Also struggling with time… Too much time wasted on reading and overthinking… I am not a good reader. The only books I ve read in my life are textbooks… Did my best to follow what JY suggested but got -14 on the Feb 1997 PT and scored 155. Feel crashed… I mean at least I need get over 160… A lot of people say I just need to practice more. But seriously, can practice actually make you better (not even perfect) on RC?

Comments

• Aastha SAastha S Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    413 karma

Hey! Improvement on RC is a slow journey. At the end of the day, practice is the best way to get better. However, one thing to keep in mind is that even the most inference heavy questions will be tied back to something in the passage. With every answer choice you pick, think about proving it with something in the passage! If you go back to the passage and there's nothing you can use to prove your answer, then maybe you should reconsider what you chose.

If you want individualized, guided support for RC, consider working with one of the tutors here at 7Sage! We can help you create an action plan for the section based on your skills and thought process. If you want to learn more about how 7Sage's tutors can work with you on this section, feel free to use this link to schedule a free 30 minute consultation with one of our tutors: https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consult?utm_source=DF

Looking forward to speaking with you soon!

• Dante GalvanDante Galvan Member
    10 karma

The thing that has helped me consistently get -1 or -2 on the problem sets has been to read the passages very carefully. Pairing this with the short summaries of each paragraph helped me gain a better understanding of what was being explained/argued for etc. in the passage. While it may take a little longer to get through the passage itself, it has helped me be much quicker on the questions as I do not have to go back and read sections of the passage I did not understand at first. Hope this helps!