Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question About Sub Game Boards

Sometimes during sequencing games I find myself being able to brute force my way through them even though the more efficient way would be to split the game up into sub game boards, but often am able to finish the game within the suggested time or even way under. Should I focus on trying to understand the sub game boards or just keep doing what I've been doing?
Thanks!

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited July 2022 2239 karma

If you’re finishing around the target time or way under, I’d stick to what you’re doing. Creating sub game boards isn’t inherently better/faster, it’s just helpful for many people, increases their accuracy, speeds them up, etc. All that matters is getting the questions right and doing it under the target time, so if you’re generally able to do that without splitting and it feels natural, then keep doing it.

• RaphaelPRaphaelP Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1110 karma

Agreed with the prior comment that sub gameboards aren't inherently "better" - they're just a tool in your LG toolbox. Some games are easier with sub gameboards; some games are the same or even harder. However, my advice here would be for you to at least try redoing these games with sub gameboards. The reason is that some games will, in fact, be easier with sub gameboards and you want to ensure this is still a technique or tool you have access to. Some games (PT 27 G3 comes to mind) are close to impossible without a split IMO and that's a situation where someone not splitting is basically "wrong" because the game is designed to be split. So I'd make sure you're a well-rounded LG student and are capable of splitting, even if you don't always feel the need to.