Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR study schedule

bvaz1993bvaz1993 Member

Hi I know MC and MP questions are fairly easy to tackle first. I am wondering what I should approach next. Does anyone have suggestions?

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

I really think going through the core curriculum in the order it’s laid out is great. Many 7Sagers have made cases that certain question types should be presented a bit sooner or later in the curriculum but, for the most part, the lessons really do build on each other well and people agree upon it. As you go through the LR lessons and watch the introductory videos about each question type, JY will typically give an overview of the question type, how it’s connected to other types you’ve covered, how it builds on past types, etc. The 7Sage LR curriculum has been in existence for quite a while and the 7Sage team has done a great job of ordering the curriculum appropriately.

• CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
    1376 karma

In my opinion, I really think Flaw is the way to go because it can help you with all other questions and have the greatest amount on tests in general

• maco4538maco4538 Alum Member
    323 karma

Wow, I got a different take than these guys but I really benefited from mastering argument structures first and getting really quick at mapping out context, premise and conclusion. My recommendation is to start with MP,AP, MoR and Point of Issue because they will help you quickly separate out argument structure; which is exactly something you'll need for assumptions (SA/NA) and inference questions(MSS, MBT, etc.) Third, flaw, Strengthening and weakening questions are all dependent on you understanding argument structure and assumptions, which is why I think this is a skill you work on 3rd. Last are the the "replication" question types like parallel method and parallel flaw. principle and PSAa. These require a mastery of argument structure, assumptions and inferences, so I would ideally work on those last.

I wouldn't want to tackle flaws first because all flaws are assumptions, and to strengthen or weaken an argument requires either solidifying or diluting the merit of the argument's assumption. Assumptions are easier to find if you know the argument structure, because knowing that will present the "gap" in the argument.