Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG) What should I do when I finish early? (Drill & in real life)

edited November 2019 in Logic Games 414 karma

Hello all,

As I have been fool-proofing diligently and getting through all the games from PT 1-40 multiple times, I often finish the games a lot earlier than 35 minutes. It does vary depending on the PTs, but I usually have somewhere between 12 to 5 mins left.

Is there any suggestion on what I should do during the remaining time? During drills or PTs, I get lazy and just don’t even review. I often go -0, but I also make 1 or 2 stupid mistakes that I wish I caught earlier. But i realized that even when I do review some questions, I can’t get too ALL the questions that I do sometimes have about 1 wrong too.

It really frustrates me when I catch myself making a stupid mistake, and I really want to get a perfect score on LG.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4572 karma

If you're having 12 minutes after an LG and you're making those overconfidence errors, my advice would be to slow down and analyze more. The reason why you're making those overconfidence errors may be because you're going so fast. If you slow down and really check over things the first time with a fine-tooth analysis, you could nip those overconfidence errors in the bud.

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

If you have time after a LG section and you're missing a few on silly errors, then I'd advise you to take that extra time and eliminate more A/Cs - especially on the questions that were tough for you. I did this, and I started going -1 to -0 more often!

• 414 karma

@Christopherr said:
    If you're having 12 minutes after an LG and you're making those overconfidence errors, my advice would be to slow down and analyze more. The reason why you're making those overconfidence errors may be because you're going so fast. If you slow down and really check over things the first time with a fine-tooth analysis, you could nip those overconfidence errors in the bud.

Thanks for the reply! I still have some fear (especially during the first two games) that I will run out of time. But you are right- I will try to be a bit more chill and slow down. Do you recommend checking all the answers after each game or nah?

• 414 karma

@lsatgodjk said:
    If you have time after a LG section and you're missing a few on silly errors, then I'd advise you to take that extra time and eliminate more A/Cs - especially on the questions that were tough for you. I did this, and I started going -1 to -0 more often!

Thank you for your reply! I realized that I make more silly mistakes with easier questions than harder ones. I would often misread a rule or the question stem. But I should eliminate more ACs definitely!

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4572 karma

@"caffeine powered human" said:
    I would often misread a rule or the question stem.

I used to have this problem and this is what I do. I literally tell myself before taking a logic games section, "I will double check all the rules before moving onto the questions." And if you're misreading questions, say to yourself "I will read and understand each question stem carefully before attempting any work in the answer choices".

Yes, like you said, it takes more time to do this. BUT it only takes, like 10 extra seconds to reread a question stem or 30 seconds to recheck your rules. I think that's a great investment when you're missing questions because of overconfidence.

@"caffeine powered human" said:
    Do you recommend checking all the answers after each game or nah?

I don't recommend this after each game, but if you are slowing down and analyzing AND you still have time leftover, I would check it after you've completed all four games :smile:

• 414 karma

Got it. I will try telling myself next time. Thanks a ton!

• janelle.m.corbin-1janelle.m.corbin-1 Core Member
    3 karma

Hi, Same question. How do I end a drill? I've answered all my questions and there's no finished button....

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    edited July 2022 848 karma

Hi @"janelle.m.corbin-1",

Sorry for the trouble.

You should be able to end your Drill after you have completed the Drill including the Blind Review sections.

To clarify, the digital tester has 3 parts: The timed sections, the Blind Review sections (untimed), and the results. After you have completed the Blind Review sections, you will then be able to view your scores along with the answers. See GIF below:

Please let me know if you are still end the Drill or if you have any further questions.

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    551 karma

Take some time to do some deep breathing exercises. Consider reviewing the questions that you flagged or the questions that gave you some trouble. Other than that, there really isn't much else to do besides exercising patience and preparing yourself for the next sections.