Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

September LSAT

Hi All!

I'm currently registered to take the September LSAT. My goal score is a 160+ (160 minimum for me to do apps). I've been consistently scoring in the 154-157 range for the last month. It seems I've hit a plateau. I normally miss about 8 LR, 5 LG, & 10-15 RC. It's obvious reading comp. is my problem area but considering I take the test in only a month and I'm just a few points shy from my goal score, should I try to increase my RC score or focus on perfecting LG since that is the easiest section improve on.

Also, any other general study tips are greatly appreciated!

Comments

• JessDoctorateJessDoctorate Member
    52 karma

I don't think that they are mutually exclusive. I would try doing both. Perfect logic games and let that be your main focus, but also take some time every day to work on RC. If it's an issue of timing with RC, then you can make some big improvements on that in the next 5 weeks.

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1312 karma

@paulettehall386 My general advice to my clients would be to do both! It is generally better to aim for a slight improve across multiple sections of the test than to sink all of your energy into just one.

In your case, you need to improve by about 7 questions in order to achieve your goal score. Given that, I would aim to improve LG by 2, LR by 2 and RC by 3 before your September test. Start by foolproofing LG aggressively, targeting your weak question types in LR, and slowing down a bit on reading the passage to boost your accuracy.

If you'd like some additional help, our tutors offer free consultations where we review your analytics, as well as explain how our tutoring program works. You can book one here:
    https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consult?utm_source=SM_Direct

Good luck!

• GoTribe21GoTribe21 Member
    62 karma

Thank you both!