Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official August 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited August 2022 in August 2022 LSAT 1427 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official August 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the August LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, August 16th.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in June
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the August LSAT!

Please keep all discussions of the August 2022 LSAT here!

Comments

• GetaCLU-1GetaCLU-1 Member
    28 karma

ProctorU/LSAT kicked me out 3 times -- HIGHLY recommend upgrading your internet speed as the software seemed incredibly sensitive to any changes in connection speed even when I didn't lose connection.

• TokhajaanTokhajaan Member
    130 karma

@GetaCLU-1 Is it their problem? My internet works fine and nobody complains at home. I think the problem was on their end maybe?

• Ichi the CatIchi the Cat Member
    edited August 2022 26 karma

Finished, and feel good about it! I'd say it was a fair test in that it could've been generally way harder (and I'm glad it wasn't!).

To provide a frame of reference and because sometimes people's definitions of "feel good" differs from person-to-person, my past 5 PT tests have an average of 167.8

Hope this is general enough to not violate any of the rules.

• GetaCLU-1GetaCLU-1 Member
    28 karma

@Tokhajaan I'm not sure tbh. My internet works fine like 90% of the time, but I've never had any issue with practice tests or running software that requires internet on my computer. It seemed like the first time was an issue on my end, but after that, my computer showed that I was connected to the internet and it still kicked me out twice. Just wanted to give a general warning that even if you think your internet can handle it, it might be worth temporarily increasing your speeds to avoid any headache!

• fuzzy dunlopfuzzy dunlop Alum Member
    14 karma

Either it was the pressure or this test was a fair bit harder than PTs I've done recently. Anyone else surprised by the overall difficulty?

• alexemorales-1alexemorales-1 Core Member
    22 karma

I completely screwed up my LG section. I consistently get -2 to -4 on the section and I feel like I got way more wrong this time around. It sucks because I missed the September registration. Anyone know if I can somehow late register? I’m down in the dumps right now because of my LG performance.

• natashm7natashm7 Member
    edited August 2022 24 karma

Goodluck everyone!

• __Juj_Sax____Juj_Sax__ Member
    edited August 2022 90 karma

I found RC the most challenging/more challenging than usual! LG was actually better than usual for me (usually I run out of time)

ProctorU experience thankfully was fine.

• Brooke007Brooke007 Member
    13 karma

ProctorU was a nightmare. It took an hour to actual start the test. The proctors bailed multiple times. I had accommodations, but the proctor didn't honor them and they told me I just had to finish the test as is and file a complaint later. The timer continued to run when I needed a break for disability reasons. When I came back and saw the timer was running, the proctor was dismissive then just logged off. I had to call the help hotline twice. I had to continue after losing over 15 minutes of time on the Logic Games section. It's frustrating, because I was feeling really good about it until that happened. Then I had to rush. I could file for an investigation to retake it, but I felt really comfortable with the questions. I'm torn about whether to retake or just use the score preview, hope for the best, and aim for the September one. But then again, I could waste a whole test if I don't retake it on August 23rd only to find out I completely bombed that section I rushed through so quickly. I'm going to sleep on it. It's disheartening, but hey, at least I pushed through it despite the stress.

• AllariakAllariak Member
    51 karma

I thought that my proctor experience was pretty decent, but found a few sections to be a bit more challenging than I expected! I think I probably fell a bit below my average pt score, but probably not by too much!

• Thankfully I had a good experience with ProctorU. I had 2 RC sections and found one VERY difficult and one fairly easy, so here's hoping. I feel like I did great on LR and not too bad on LG maybe -1 or -2. I found myself plugging and chugging more on these LG questions than usual, but maybe my nervousness was impeding my ability to make inferences. I had to make a few educated guesses there at the end of LG(I didn't just choose a random answer, I had eliminated 3 and had to choose from the remaining 2) when I usually am finished with a minute or two to spare. I'm keeping right on studying for a second take in September if I don't get above my goal score.

• helenbreen98helenbreen98 Core Member
    12 karma

Big sad because I had 3 minutes left for the last LG (normally I finish all LGs but I guess nerves got to me and slowed me down)… anyways, I actually got the game board decently set up and then ran out of time… During the 10 minute break I solved all possible worlds for the game… SO SAD! Probably could’ve answered all questions with an extra minute or 2. :(

• Braxton076-1-1Braxton076-1-1 Core Member
    50 karma

LG is my weakest section (-4 average), this one felt pretty easy to me. RC is my best, usually -2, but this exam's RC had some tricky spots. Felt like I probably hit mid 160s, hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised!

• 29 karma

Did you guys have to put your scratch paper up to the camera during break? I'm seeing people say that they had to, but I received no such instructions

• 42 karma

LR seemed easier than usual for me. I usually score a -0 in LG, and I was running out of time for the last game, so I had to guess the last few questions unfortunately. I had 2 RCs, one was easy and one was hard, so I'm praying the hard one was experimental.

• edited August 2022 14 karma

ProctorU ended my exam because of technical difficulties after an hour of trying to resolve the issue half way through the exam. It was an actual nightmare. I submitted a test day incident report to LSAC as I was instructed. Does anyone know if the makeup on August 23rd will start me from the begging with a whole new exam or if it will resume where I left off?

• lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    488 karma

@"kylav-1-1-1-1" said:
    ProctorU ended my exam because of technical difficulties after an hour of trying to resolve the issue half way through the exam. It was an actual nightmare. I submitted a test day incident report to LSAC as I was instructed. Does anyone know if the makeup on August 23rd will start me from the begging with a whole new exam or if it will resume where I left off?

Did you call them first or first submitted the report? have they given retake?

Similar thin happened with me with proctorU disconnecting, but they reconnected. however it affected my flow and i lost time. Do they give retake in these conditions?

• josephkimjosephkim Member
    33 karma

@"maddi.kavoossi" said:
    LR seemed easier than usual for me. I usually score a -0 in LG, and I was running out of time for the last game, so I had to guess the last few questions unfortunately. I had 2 RCs, one was easy and one was hard, so I'm praying the hard one was experimental.

I think we had the same exam. I also usually score -0 in LG with 10 minutes left over, but today I definitely ran out of time. I blanked on the 3rd puzzle, so I skipped over to the last puzzle and definitely rushed through it, but thankfully figured out the inferences of the 3rd puzzle and breezed through it, but I feel like I made some mistakes on the last puzzle.

I also had 2 RC's and almost quit because I just blanked on the second passage of one of the RC sections. Thankfully, just chugged through and had enough time to go back to it and look at a couple of questions.

It's really weird I usually PT near 175, but when it comes to the actual exam I hit near 170. Definitely a bummer that this exam felt hard. Really hoping as well that the difficult RC was the experimental. That's my only hope right now haha.

• bevanhuangbevanhuang Member
    44 karma

@"maddi.kvsi" said:

Same for me.

• jadynl22jadynl22 Free Trial Member
    56 karma

RC was wack but everything else wasn’t too bad. For reference I had 2LR 1 LG 1RC. Hoping my guessing skills are on point!

• xluxlu Member
    15 karma

@"kylav-1-1-1-1" said:

It would be a complete, new test. ProctorU failed to launch my test as well after one hour and a half of diagnosing....

• pniler123pniler123 Core Member
    4 karma

@"alexemorales-1" said:
    I completely screwed up my LG section. I consistently get -2 to -4 on the section and I feel like I got way more wrong this time around. It sucks because I missed the September registration. Anyone know if I can somehow late register? I’m down in the dumps right now because of my LG performance.

I'm right there with you - LG was a bit more difficult than I anticipated (but it could have been the pressure for me). I think the Sept test is booked up, but luckily the August scores come out Aug 30 and the deadline for the October test is Sept 1. So, there is a window to schedule a retake if you're not happy with your score (which is what I'm doing).

• AnjellaFluffyAnjellaFluffy Member
    edited August 2022 39 karma

The first reading comprehension set was so difficult anyone else feel this way?I got two RC sections

• R2sav221R2sav221 Member
    60 karma

I had two RC sections as well and definitely found the first set more challenging than the second.

• KbrookssKbrookss Member
    106 karma

Im hoping the curve works out in everyone's favor. I too had 2 RC sections.

• rvinarcik-1-1rvinarcik-1-1 Free Trial Member
    14 karma

I had 2 RC sections and I was so confused because I had never seen anything like that in practice, and one was for sure harder than the other. I'm also worried because I thought LG wasn't too bad but I've seen a lot of people saying they were struggling. Hope everyone did well!

• favittabnfavittabn Free Trial Member
    18 karma

I would say over all wasn't a horrific test. However, one thing I would say is that I had to take the test at 6pm at night and I could definitely say I was a tad tired. I wasn't ready for 2 sections of RC. I would say I wish the test was still on paper for RC. I like being able to underline and circle important info and when you do that online the highlighter was being wild and not highlighting. Overall, not horrific but I wish I was more prepared for 2 sections of RC.

• rvinarcik-1-1rvinarcik-1-1 Free Trial Member
    14 karma

@favittabn said:
    I would say over all wasn't a horrific test. However, one thing I would say is that I had to take the test at 6pm at night and I could definitely say I was a tad tired. I wasn't ready for 2 sections of RC. I would say I wish the test was still on paper for RC. I like being able to underline and circle important info and when you do that online the highlighter was being wild and not highlighting. Overall, not horrific but I wish I was more prepared for 2 sections of RC.

I agree, this caught me way off guard and I felt unprepared for the additional section.

• Braxton076-1-1Braxton076-1-1 Core Member
    50 karma

@"matthewtodd1212-1-1-1-1" said:
    Did you guys have to put your scratch paper up to the camera during break? I'm seeing people say that they had to, but I received no such instructions

I did. I had 4 total pieces of paper, only used 1 though. They still made me show them the 3 blank pieces and tear them up anyway before I could leave the session

• matt.hip595matt.hip595 Core Member
    62 karma

I had 2 RC passages. I felt as though on the logic games section the first 3 weren't extremely difficult. I had 5 minutes left for the last game and got maybe 2 right of the remaining. That was considered a miscellaneous game and my brain broke. Also had technical issues and I believe I lost time on my second RC passage. If there was a hard standard logic game (seq, layered seq, grp, in/out) for the last game I would have scored at least 2 or 3 points higher. I'm just salty.

• 41 karma

For all of my paper/pencil besties... RC KILLED ME

• blaw5918-1-1blaw5918-1-1 Member
    65 karma

@"matt.hip595" said:
    I had 2 RC passages. I felt as though on the logic games section the first 3 weren't extremely difficult. I had 5 minutes left for the last game and got maybe 2 right of the remaining. That was considered a miscellaneous game and my brain broke. Also had technical issues and I believe I lost time on my second RC passage. If there was a hard standard logic game (seq, layered seq, grp, in/out) for the last game I would have scored at least 2 or 3 points higher. I'm just salty.

I agree, the last game broke my brain. I had about 9 min left but I could not put the game to paper.

• adambwsradambwsr Member
    3 karma

@"matt.hip595" said:

Was the misc game the “beer” game or posters on four stations over three months?

I had posters as my fourth and felt the same way you did. Guessed on two questions

• haley_schaley_sc Core Member
    4 karma

hopefully we’re allowed to post this stuff now, but I had 2 LR sections and in one there was a question that read “None of these ____ was able to…” (I don’t remember the rest). In the moment this struck me as a grammatical error, although I’ve read mixed things about this grammar rule. Did anyone else come across this? I was hoping this might be a clue it was experimental

• ELPISTOLERO9ELPISTOLERO9 Alum Member
    edited August 2022 285 karma

sighs RC

• Wiley JayWiley Jay Member
    29 karma

So im reading this planning and taking my test in September. Does the LSAT change each month? Or is it yearly? Will any of this apply when I take my test

• chiwala4dadchiwala4dad Member
    24 karma

@"Wiley Jay" said:
    So im reading this planning and taking my test in September. Does the LSAT change each month? Or is it yearly? Will any of this apply when I take my test

itll be new content, but should still feel like the recent practice tests

• Wiley JayWiley Jay Member
    29 karma

@chiwala4dad said:

@"Wiley Jay" said:

itll be new content, but should still feel like the recent practice tests

Ok cool. I just see some people saying that certain sections were pretty tough and sort of unanimously agreeing. Was just curious if it was going to be the same for the Sept test or totally different