Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PT12.S1.Q04 - 7Sage Forum

PT12.S1.Q04

Sarene23Sarene23 Core Member
edited August 2022 in Logical Reasoning 19 karma

I put this explanation in my "Wrong Answer Journal Template" and I wanted to know if I was at the right ballpark in explaining why what I chose was wrong, and what makes the right answer correct.

What makes the correct answer correct?
I think that the discrepancy is that even though each consideration has equal importance, "the lack of proximity either to markets or to raw materials often causes municipalities to lose prospective businesses" is causing more damage, and "higher-than-average business-tax rat" isn't causing as much damage . I believe the answer that is right shows why having the unequal product of both the considerations is worth while for the municipalities

What makes the wrong answer wrong?
It has nothing to do with the discrepancy being stated

How can I change my process to do better on these in the future?
I was looking at the question wrong. I thought that showing why people would relocate was somehow the discrepancy, but I see now that my answer choice had nothing to do with what was being asked of my and next time I just need to pay more attention

Comments

• Claudia77Claudia77 Member
    106 karma

B is correct because it accounts for why businesses are often willing to shoulder higher taxes but won't sacrifice access to resources or markets. Higher taxes come with a more educated workforce and more services, while no such benefits come with sacrificing access to resources and markets. Thus, it makes sense why businesses would be willing forego a lower tax rate but won't forego resource or market access; there's no benefits associated with the latter.
    Regarding your explanation for why B is right, I think it's more about the benefits associated with a higher tax rate as opposed to the relative damages you mentioned. But I think you are on the right track in noting that the right answer should address why businesses will sometimes give less weight to the tax consideration, and more weight to the resource + market considerations.

I'm not sure which wrong answer you chose, but since none of the other answers get at the root of the discrepancy, I think your explanation works.

I hope this made sense, I'm happy to clarify further if needed.