Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studying Advice

swilson6731swilson6731 Member
in General 18 karma

I’m trying to figure out how to move forward with my LSAT studying and thought I’d ask you guys.

My practice LSAT scores are in the mid-150s. That’s good enough to get in to my schools of choice, but I’d like to get a 160 for better scholarship opportunities. I’m taking the September LSAT, so I’m running out of time. I have purchased the 7Sage course and am going through their study schedule example. Should I focus more on practice tests and blind reviewing them or on the curriculum? Or curriculum with a mix of practice tests? Is a 160 even doable at this point?

Any bits of wisdom or advice is much appreciated!

Comments

• Steven_B-1Steven_B-1 Member
    794 karma

How are you doing on LGs? Because if you haven't perfected LG or at least brought that section down to around -2 then I'd say your best bet is to drill LG like no other until september and pick up the points you need for a 160.

• swilson6731swilson6731 Member
    18 karma

My LGs definitely need more work. I can do them with plenty of time, but when timed I'm averaging around -9 to -6. Thank you for the advice!

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1312 karma

@swilson6731 It really depends on how well you do on blind review! If your blind review score is high, that suggests that you understand the material enough, and that your real issue in timing. In that event, drilling your weakness is the route to success.

However, if your blind review is still below your goal score, that suggests that you are still missing some key concepts and will need to study more before you can expect to achieve that score.

If you'd like some advice more specific to your situation, consider hiring one of our tutors! We can help you develop a study plan based on your unique strengths and weakness and then guide you through the drills and concepts that will get you to your score! If you'd like to learn more, you can schedule a free consultation with one of our tutors here: https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consult?utm_source=SM_Direct