Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Georgetown Hopeful Seeking Advice on Retaking a 169

Hi everybody, I just got my score back yesterday for the August test, it was a 169. This was my second take this year (4th take overall). I have a 3.86 GPA and I am 2 years out of college working in my state's legislature. My dream schools would be Georgetown or Duke for public interest law, and I was hoping to get a 171+ to be above their median.

I have begun drafting my statements for the application and want to turn them in as early as possible. Studying for another retake while working on my statements would likely delay when I turn in the applications. In the month leading up to taking the test, I had multiple PT scores that were above 171, which is the reason why I think retaking might be beneficial. I also took a 2 week break, so I now feel like I could contribute significant effort to studying once again.

Does anybody have advice on whether or not to retake? I understand many aspects of this make it a personal decision, but even any anecdotes or words of encouragement would be tremendously helpful. Thanks!

Comments

• nbergelsnbergels Member
    edited September 2022 22 karma

Congrats on your score! but w/ your goals I would retake! Applied to GULC & Duke with similar gpa and 169 and was waitlisted last cycle, currently retaking and wish id done it sooner tbh!

• Steven_B-1Steven_B-1 Member
    794 karma

Also 169 and retaking. What’s the worst that could happen?

• Tasha SriTasha Sri Member
    51 karma

Defo retake it!! you can do it and end up getting 175!!

• coldbrewithoatcoldbrewithoat Core Member
    111 karma

YES retake! Your GPA makes you such a qualified candidate and a higher LSAT could get you some incredible scholarship money. You are so so close to that dream score; keep up the good work!

If you need some motivation, I would definitely recommend the Thinking LSAT podcast by LSAT Demon. They insist that we don't settle, especially when we are on the verge of a higher score. That advice has helped me keep pushing. :)