Questions regarding law school re-applicant

Hello everyone,

I am reapplying this cycle to law school. I was wondering if I will have to request my transcripts again(nothing has changed) and request new letters of recommendations from my previous professors? I applied last year but decided to wait off another year after looking at the law schools I was admitted to and got denied from.

Also, do I have to change drastically my personal statement? In my personal statement I wrote about why I wanted to become a lawyer and my reasons for why I want to become a lawyer have not changed. I also do not want to resubmit the same personal statement but also not write something entirely new.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Former admissions officer here. You do not have to request new transcripts if nothing has changed. Depending on when you received last year's LORs, you could leave them alone or ask your recommender to just revise the date so the letters don't look stale. Generally speaking, if the LOR is dated within 1.5-2 years, you should be fine. For the personal statement, it might be a good idea to revise it slightly. The admissions committee will want to see something different in your application so they don't reach the same conclusion as last cycle. If your motivations for law school are the same, you could freshen up the beginning and the ending. As a reapplicant, the admissions committee will be comparing your new application with the old application and looking for differences. Good luck!

• Thy RainThy Rain Core Member
    99 karma

@"Selene Steelman" Thank you so much this was really helpful!!!