Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Centaurs and Unicorns

nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐

http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-52-section-1-question-16/

This question was, once again, a victim to bad habits. The habit in question was the "they're gonna trick me" habit. Guys, this is bullcrap. Don't choose less reasonable AC's because the one that is right seems ... too right?

What the hell is this. I can't even.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Why isn't there a centaur version of the unicorn? Or maybe I mean a unicorn version of a centaur?
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    SIR: you do not believe in unicorns, so you don't believe in centaurs, either.
    8021 karma
    Why would I need to believe in something that I have in my garage?
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    What..is.. this ...?....
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Hahah. I swear an LSAT writer was seriously baked when she/he wrote that LSAT question. "Unicorns and Centaurs...of course!"
    7965 karma
    @brna0714 said:
    What..is.. this ...?....
    If you join us for BR group on Wednesday you will hear ALL about it :D
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    I don't know why but this reminded me of this video...
  • LoraxManLoraxMan Alum Member
    180 karma
    I agree that the writers had fun with this, not only with a colorful cast of characters, but also by:

-Using an implicit premise (Does not exist->belief is false) TWICE! Once in the stimulus and once in the correct answer
    -Adding a killer trap answer (E) by paralleling word structure but not logical structure
    -Forcing us to distinguish between not believing and a belief being false

Not sure what amount of time it would take me to get this one under timed conditions.
    7965 karma
    @LoraxMan said:
    -Using an implicit premise (Does not exist->belief is false) TWICE! Once in the stimulus and once in the correct answer
    AAAAAAAHHHHHH

Can't even believe they pulled this. So much to be learned from this question.
    7965 karma
    Also, I like your analysis, @LoraxMan
  • Harry_PluxenHarry_Pluxen Alum Member
    42 karma
    B and C are BS answers. E Has the conditions reversed, D is subjective ("No good reason...") I get A by elimination. I think it's still a bit unclear how it is correct, but I take it and move on regardless.
    8021 karma
    @nicole.hopkins I posted what I thought I said last night on the comments to this question, check it out and let me know if that's how I talked about it.
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I posted what I thought I said last night on the comments to this question, check it out and let me know if that's how I talked about it.
    WOOT! Will do.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    We just did this in BR group last night. Not sure if I buy the implicit premise explanation.