Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you make/write notes during the LR section?

Star PlatinumStar Platinum Member
edited September 2022 in Logical Reasoning 83 karma

Also, is the actual LSAT done like the program we use on 7sage when drilling/prep testing? Where we can highlight, underline, "X" out wrong answers, etc?

I'm looking for a strategy of writing/making notes because I cannot remember the whole passage on one go...

Do you write/make notes when taking the LSAT
  1. Do you write/make notes when taking the LSAT30 votes
    1. Yes
      46.67%
    2. No
      53.33%

Comments

• u______uu______u Alum Member
    233 karma

When you take your test on 7sage, look at the top just below "Take PrepTest." Select the book looking thing third from the left and click on "standard." That should simulate what the actual LSAT looks like. All the options available for notation are available on the actual test. As for notes, that's really up to individual preference. Personally, I find it wastes too much time, both on LR and RC. The only times I do take notes is when I'm really stuck on a SA question. But, even then, I do it very rarely.

• LSAT LizardLSAT Lizard Alum Member
    edited September 2022 331 karma

I write down question numbers I want to return to. Each number gets a squiggly, put in a box, or put in a circle depending on how confident I am in my answer, so if there isn't very much time left at the end I can focus on them in the right order.

Other than that, the only notes I ever make in LR are for parallel reasoning and parallel flaw questions. It takes a long time to diagram out the ACs for those questions so I avoid it as much as possible, but the most difficult questions in those categories sometimes just have to be diagrammed.

You'll find similar features on the real LSAT to the 7sage interface. But I also highly recommend taking at least one preptest on LSAC's platform, because that is 100% identical to the interface for the real thing. You can do that here: https://lawhub.lsac.org/library. Your login is the same as the LSAC account used for the real test.

• rglusakrglusak Core Member
    128 karma

I really only write for wordy stimuli like parallel questions or questions that are conditional logic heavy, other than that it can drain your time but that’s just my personal preference.

• grugthesluggrugtheslug Member
    107 karma

ill bust out the lawgic for parallel / parallel flaw questions due to the importance of identifying the exact structure of the arguments made, and for some obviously lawgic intensive questions.

if you're not actually remembering whats going on in the stimulus itself, you're simply going to have to. reading comprehension requires so much more mental "RAM" than LR in that regard.

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

As others have mentioned, I'd advise against using your scratch paper for questions aside from complex parallel reasoning or difficult lawgic-heavy questions. Perhaps the most valuable resource you have during each section is time, and drawing pictures to understand stimuli or trying to graph simple lawgic just takes too much time.