Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me make sense of this

ClaudioD21ClaudioD21 Member
in General 414 karma

So I recently started taking on the PTs in the 80s to practice the more recent content in preparation for October. I started with PT83 earlier this week and took PT84 today. Here are the breakdowns:

PT83: 152 (BR: 161)
RC: -8
LG: -8
LR: -15

PT84: 159 (BR: 161)
RC: -7
LG: -8
LR: -6

So the huge score jump is clearly justified completely by me getting destroyed on LR on PT83 while doing much better on PT84 LR. However, this inconsistency worries me. Does anyone know if PT83 LR was just ridiculously hard or was PT84 LR much easier??

In addition, with 3 weeks until my October LSAT, is there any hope left for me improving LG? I’ve scored exactly and I mean exactly -8 on my last 3 PTs. Mostly because I RUSH like crazy just to be able to get to the 4th game. Is there any hope for me on LG with 3 short weeks left? Thank you for your time!

Comments

• 31 karma

had same happen to me on LR (14 wrong) usually get max 9 wrong

• ClaudioD21ClaudioD21 Member
    414 karma

@henrymcneilly3 said:
    had same happen to me on LR (14 wrong) usually get max 9 wrong

Ok thank God that gives me some hope!! Thank you!

• smoothbrainsmoothbrain Member
    128 karma

3 weeks still is quite a bit of time to work on LG considering LG is the easiest place to make quick gains - my advice to you would be to drill LG every day that you're not doing a full PT. Like straight up drill like 3 to 5 full sets on those days. Your best bet is to simply foolproof as many games as you can and get more comfortable with making the inferences a lot faster. LG is purely a matter of practice. Best of luck!

• ClaudioD21ClaudioD21 Member
    414 karma

@smoothbrain said:
    3 weeks still is quite a bit of time to work on LG considering LG is the easiest place to make quick gains - my advice to you would be to drill LG every day that you're not doing a full PT. Like straight up drill like 3 to 5 full sets on those days. Your best bet is to simply foolproof as many games as you can and get more comfortable with making the inferences a lot faster. LG is purely a matter of practice. Best of luck!

Appreciate the advice!! I guess I’ll increase the amount of games I’m doing to get more practice in since I’m already doing multiple games daily.

• 102 karma

Do you think it'll be better for you to complete the three games with the most questions before you go onto the 4th one (usually one has five questions)? Because if you're rushing and getting some questions wrong in all 4 games, I'd say just focus on 3 and get it down to at least -5? Instead of being rushing on all four. Idk I hope this makes sense.

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited September 2022 4572 karma

Hi there!

PT 83's LR section most likely exposed a lot of weaknesses in your fundamentals that you want to make sure to take a look at. I can't say for sure what the issue is without seeing your analytics and discussing the questions with you, the best thing you can do for yourself is to try to diagnose what happened in your test taking process that you can change to make sure that next time you can improve and effectively not be punished for it so much. Although I think the language of the 80's changes a little bit, the question type processes all stay the same.

Leading up to the October test, I'd definitely agree with @smoothbrain. Make sure you're foolproofing logic games frequently. I'd check out this guide written by one of our star members a while back on foolproofing LG: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

If you want to take a look at it with a 7Sage tutor to see what the issue might be, feel free to schedule a free consultation with us. We'd be happy to take a look at your analytics and give you some in depth advice about how to move forward!

https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consult?utm_source=DF_C