Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to this and don't know how to start...

ruthvincent078ruthvincent078 Core Member
in General 5 karma

Hi, I'm newly graduated from undergrad and I'm really unsure of how to start studying for the LSAT. I had wanted to start at the beginning of this month, but I haven't started doing anything because getting a tutor or live classes is so expensive, but I would like the accountability that studying on my own wouldn't give me. I'd like others perspectives to know what works best? Self study or having a tutor/class? I would really appreciate some advice :/

Thank you!

Comments

• Bauer Johann-1Bauer Johann-1 Core Member
    40 karma

Sometimes, the best way to start is to just start.

• mukti.freedommukti.freedom Member
    14 karma

I’m just like you and signed up 2 days ago. But I started with the week 1 material plus personal schedule that is reasonable. I also noticed a lot of people seeking study group/buddies to hold themselves accountable (including me).

• Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
    919 karma

Start at the beginning of the Core Curriculum!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

Start out self studying with the 7Sage Core Curriculum. Then Foolproof Logic Games and do PT’s with intensive BR until you can’t figure out how to improve any further on your own. Then shop around for a good tutor who can diagnose your weaknesses and fill in your blind spots. That’s the optimal progression as best as I’ve been able to figure.

• Aastha SAastha S Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    413 karma

Hey!

I know that starting out with this test can be intimidating but I'd highly recommend pushing yourself to spend at least a little bit of time each day reviewing the core curriculum! It's a straightforward and effective way to get the foundations of this test down. From there, get into the habit of taking full length PTs so you can really diagnose your weaknesses. Consistency is key!! As long as you're showing up every day and doing your best to move through the content, you'll be in a really great spot.

If you'd like to talk more about what it means to start studying for the LSAT and how a tutor could help support you in that journey, feel free to use this link to schedule a free consultation with one of the tutors here at 7Sage! https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consultation