Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT Score Drop before Oct LSAT/mental strategies

bettinaclbettinacl Member
in General 41 karma

Hi everyone! After hitting 170-176 on a few PTs, I saw my scores drop back down to high-mid 160s. Last Saturday, I got 5 and 6 wrong on LR when I usually only get 1-3 wrong! A lot of the questions I missed were 1-2 star questions I usually never miss. I have a feeling I'm getting too much in my own head, and I was wondering if anyone has advice on how to deal with this. I am taking the October LSAT and I'm trying really hard not to freak out!

Comments

• sarcarrsarcarr Member
    2 karma

Drill instead of PT. PTs are burning you out. Drilling will keep you thinking the right way about questions and allow you to practice more without the drain of an entire PT.

• cole.saltoncole.salton Live Member
    4 karma

Also had a similar scenario a few weeks ago. Had been taking tests twice a week, so I decided to give my self a full week break. It felt wrong but I got my score back a little higher. Going to take two again this week but then just drill between this friday and next friday.

• woodpusherjbwoodpusherjb Member
    72 karma

I totally agree with @sarcarr, when this has happened to me, I spend one day just drilling the easy ones, making sure I'm fully confident in my answers and watching videos if I have even the slightest bit of doubt. You're capable, you got this

• nicholas.considinenicholas.considine Core Member
    13 karma

Same thing just happened to me and I'm also taking the october LSAT. I'm currently taking a few full days off to mentally reset a little!

• bettinaclbettinacl Member
    41 karma

Thank you all for the advice! I'm someone who really likes to have data points, so it makes me nervous when I don't take PTs, but I'll try focusing on drilling sections

• smoothbrainsmoothbrain Member
    128 karma

To me this sounds like more just the psychological side of taking the LSAT - as the day gets closer you're bound to become more stressed and miss questions you ordinarily would get right. I'd recommend making sure to just work on the mental side of the test. So like, daily yoga or meditation, eating well, journaling or reading light material before bed, sleeping early and for at least 8 hours. Things like this can really really help alleviate all the extra stress you may be feeling. I wouldn't change your study habits this close to the date (I'm like you and the thought of not taking PTs stresses me out even more tbh). You're going to kill it, best of luck :)

• ProfLaytonProfLayton Member
    110 karma

Take one day to just let out all of your stress. Go have fun, be absolutely not productive, and forget about the LSAT

We tend to push ourselves so hard that some of us collapse towards the finish line. I do not want that to happen to you. Make sure you are staying healthy and not revolving your life around the LSAT.

The day or two you spend not looking at anything will let you absorb stuff and give your brain a much needed break. If you insist on studying, I've found just doing a problem set or two helps keep my brain fresh without feeling overwhelmed

• harveyeli549harveyeli549 Free Trial Member
    5 karma

@bettinacl krunker said:
    Thank you all for the advice! I'm someone who really likes to have data points, so it makes me nervous when I don't take PTs, but I'll try focusing on drilling sections

Same.