Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official October 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited October 2022 in October 2022 LSAT 1390 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official October 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the October LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, October 18th.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in June
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the October LSAT!

Please keep all discussions of the October 2022 LSAT here!

Comments

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

Taking it in two hours!!!

• Guillermo0Guillermo0 Member
    10 karma

I'm taking it on the 18th and am super curious to know how people felt about it!

• willisswilliss Alum Member
    5 karma

Good Luck everyone!

• suzyloveslawschoolsuzyloveslawschool Core Member
    18 karma

So nervous!

• twr20twr20 Member
    49 karma

honestly feel pretty decent. games were chill, LR seemed normal, and RC wasn't as bad as august

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

Same-- games went well, and nothing seemed unusual to me with LR or RC

• gg630-1-1gg630-1-1 Yearly Member
    27 karma

One section made me dizzy and the others were easier than normal

• queeniepoohqueeniepooh Member
    edited October 2022 18 karma

oops

• smoothbrainsmoothbrain Member
    edited October 2022 128 karma

man one section really took me for a ride, but the rest was pretty ok I think - fingers crossed for a decent score

• aarijrahmanaarijrahman Member
    144 karma

I had RC with stable banks, literati, and i forget the other two. Only one section, felt like a walk in the park

• gabbers312gabbers312 Member
    edited October 2022 26 karma

praying for a good score!

• 308 karma

I usually feel pretty good about LG but some questions were weird, I usually score -0 but this definitely was not the case. RC passages all seemed extremely convoluted.

• Damn, maybe I'm the only one that feels this was hard. LR reminded of 80's. Games didn't go as well and it was hard for me to eliminate answers on RC.

• T14babyT14baby Core Member
    82 karma

Let's do this! My test is at noon eastern time tomorrow! Any thoughts on pre-test warm up?

• In terms of difficulty, does anyone know if taking the test Friday vs Saturday changes anything? I am taking it tomorrow the 15th!

• smoothbrainsmoothbrain Member
    128 karma

@Choocharoo SAME OMG - like either that went amazing, or it went truly terrible. im so anxious now

• gregxsy21gregxsy21 Member
    10 karma

@"gg630-1-1" said:
    One section made me dizzy and the others were easier than normal

Same for me! It was the first section that had me dizzy (though I cannot disclose what section it was

• WhatIsLifeWhatIsLife Member
    810 karma

Might be a silly question but at the end of this, everyone has the same 3 sections that are scored right? Or do they switch it from one day to the next?

• matthewdwolpematthewdwolpe Free Trial Member
    edited October 2022 90 karma

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

@"NowOrNever-1-1-1-1-1-1" said:
    Might be a silly question but at the end of this, everyone has the same 3 sections that are scored right? Or do they switch it from one day to the next?

Not everyone has the same scored sections.

• kaylen.simmonskaylen.simmons Core Member
    edited October 2022 11 karma

On a lot of the PT the easier section was often the section that was the experimental section.

• BezosBabyBezosBaby Alum Member
    14 karma

My proctor interrupted and stopped my test 7 times to reshare my screen/camera. She didn't always respond when I asked her to stop the time. What a frustrating experience! It really threw me.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

• douglas13010douglas13010 Free Trial Member
    edited October 2022 10 karma

Nevermind I cant ask that question

• ElleWoods-3-1-1ElleWoods-3-1-1 Core Member
    40 karma

@smoothbrain said:
    @Choocharoo SAME OMG - like either that went amazing, or it went truly terrible. im so anxious now

I could not agree with this more! Could have went very well or very badly depending on which section was experimental! Hoping for the best for all of us.

[deleted]

• catethegreatcatethegreat Member
    44 karma

I am anxious that my proctor is going to keep interrupting and asking to reconnect something without pausing the time as this happened on my last test in August (in the end, I only lost two minutes probably but that is significant on a test like this). Did anyone else experience this? I don't take the test till Tuesday.

• top5top5top5top5top5top5 Member
    11 karma

Had one LG and definitely bombed. Lol welp

• mitty180mitty180 Member
    edited October 2022 13 karma

I got disconnected from my proctor twice throughout the exam. I had to wait 8 minutes before I could go on break and I waited 10 minutes to finish my exam because I could not connect with a proctor.

• PamelaciPamelaci Member
    16 karma

Anyone have problem downloading the chat and getting connected with a mac?? I had to use another computer last minute

• edited October 2022 16 karma

ProctorU was fine for me

• rglusakrglusak Core Member
    edited October 2022 128 karma

@Jimbanthony said:

NO MATTER THE SCORE, I AM OFFICIALLY RETIRING FROM THE LSAT! Thank you 7Sage for your wisdom and community - it really is unparalleled. I will be recommending this to anybody who ever is considering applying to law school!

I was also rushed on that last passage. Luckily not very many questions for that one, hoping for the best!

• artushgasparyanartushgasparyan Core Member
    17 karma

Lost 3 minutes due to my proctor not stopping my exam when my connection was lost. As we re-connected and started to set up the exam again, my timer was still going on. He paused it right before he let me take the exam again. I lost about 3 minutes. Should I sent an official lsat complaint or non-official. This is BS.

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited October 2022 1390 karma

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, October 18th.

Posts/comments that violate these rules are taken down. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

• ProfLaytonProfLayton Member
    110 karma

Did absolutely terrible due to noises in my house and I think general nerves. Really fucking sucks since I was steamrolling PT's the past two weeks, made sure to get familiar with the actual test UI, and my proctor was really nice too. Such a waste of time just to probably get a 156-158 come 11/2

• SanJuan_IslandsSanJuan_Islands Core Member
    16 karma

I waited for 20 minutes after my break for the proctor to return ( so about 30 minutes total). They popped in one time asking for more time and disappeared again. When they finally returned, they asked to do a room scan- totally normal. However, I could hear a bunch of other people in the room with them which honestly made me feel uneasy because I don't know if those people are approved by ProctorU or not. I had another break (for approved accommodations) and again, the proctor returned 12 minutes after the break actually ended. They said they needed to do another room scan but I had never left my desk.

Clearly- this proctor is not paying attention to the test taker.

I refused to do another room scan because I never left my seat. They said okay and then asked me to adjust myself for the camera- which didn't make any sense because you could clearly see me in front of the camera- I literally moved back and forth in my chair and they were satisfied enough to let me finish my last section. I had almost 40 minutes added to testing time due to a MIA proctor.

• rachellgrachellg Free Trial Member
    edited October 2022 27 karma

I also had the proctor issues. I was connected with a proctor in the first place after a ~15-min waiting, then they suddenly disappeared after the id check, saying nothing in advance. I waited for another 20min to be connected with a new proctor. This one disappeared after the room scan. I waited for another 40min, then the same proctor was back and said she lost her connection and was sorry about that. I was already exhausted waiting before the exam really started. After the break, I also waited for over 20min for my proctor to proceed the check in. I had waited for almost 2h, seated and doing nothing.

• OwenRobinson5-1OwenRobinson5-1 Core Member
    7 karma

Okay, so we can discuss specifics now?

10 karma

not till 9 pm EST

• 173Goals173Goals Member
    20 karma

Anyone take the international version in Europe?

• slxyzvvv-1slxyzvvv-1 Member
    120 karma

when do we know which one is experimental

• OwenRobinson5-1OwenRobinson5-1 Core Member
    7 karma

We will know after 9pm EST when the embargo is lifted and everyone starts to discuss the sections in detail.

• ryanemejiaryanemejia Member

@"Universalitea_-1" said:
    I usually feel pretty good about LG but some questions were weird, I usually score -0 but this definitely was not the case. RC passages all seemed extremely convoluted.

Amen to this. LG is my strongest section, and my confidence was not where I wished it was answering the questions. RC made my head hurt.

• ryanemejiaryanemejia Member
    10 karma

@rachellg said:
    I also had the proctor issues. I was connected with a proctor in the first place after a ~15-min waiting, then they suddenly disappeared after the id check, saying nothing in advance. I waited for another 20min to be connected with a new proctor. This one disappeared after the room scan. I waited for another 40min, then the same proctor was back and said she lost her connection and was sorry about that. I was already exhausted waiting before the exam really started. After the break, I also waited for over 20min for my proctor to proceed the check in. I had waited for almost 2h, seated and doing nothing.

EXACTLY MY EXPERIENCE! Waited an hour to even begin the test. Waited almost 2 hours after the break. Cannot believe how long the test took. I was super tired and drained heading into the 3rd section. The proctors literally told me to calm down lol.

• claudia_dussault-1-1claudia_dussault-1-1 Core Member
    15 karma

Same as everyone else, my Proctor would disconnect multiple times throughout my exam and be gone for 15+ minutes each time. My camera was still recording so I was sitting in my chair hoping they dont cancel my exam if they knew no one was watching for so long. Total time lost around 45minutes on multiple occasions.

2 LR section which were not super fun tbh. I agree with most of the sectional comments made above.

I cannot believe such an important exam can have a multitude of test takers have terrible ProctorU experiences. It is stressful enough as an exam, let alone all the technical issues.

• gspillisgspillis Core Member
    19 karma

Took the test Saturday: RC LG RC LR

I didn't think either RC was particularly bad. My first RC section had a passage about the Louvre. My second one had a dual passage which I don't remember that clearly on like visual inputs and I also remember there being a paddle in Passage B. Probably don't remember that as well because my connection to proctoru got interrupted and so I lost about 90 seconds before deciding to proceed with the test anyway.

LG didn't seem out of the ordinary. First game was probably the easiest sequencing game I've ever seen on a test, the one about France/Germany/Italy/Switzerland. Second one about professors, graduate students, undergrad students - didn't think it was bad, just a bit time consuming. Third and Fourth I thought were more difficult (as is generally the case lol).

I thought LR was fine. You're always moving through those so quickly it's hard to remember the questions days after but I remember having what I think was a MBT question on like refrigerators/ an appliance store. Def a solid amount of Flaw questions in the section, which I think is in keeping with more recent tests.

• 12 karma

@gspillis said:
    Took the test Saturday: RC LG RC LR

I didn't think either RC was particularly bad. My first RC section had a passage about the Louvre. My second one had a dual passage which I don't remember that clearly on like visual inputs and I also remember there being a paddle in Passage B. Probably don't remember that as well because my connection to proctoru got interrupted and so I lost about 90 seconds before deciding to proceed with the test anyway.

LG didn't seem out of the ordinary. First game was probably the easiest sequencing game I've ever seen on a test, the one about France/Germany/Italy/Switzerland. Second one about professors, graduate students, undergrad students - didn't think it was bad, just a bit time consuming. Third and Fourth I thought were more difficult (as is generally the case lol).

I thought LR was fine. You're always moving through those so quickly it's hard to remember the questions days after but I remember having what I think was a MBT question on like refrigerators/ an appliance store. Def a solid amount of Flaw questions in the section, which I think is in keeping with more recent tests.

Saturday test taker too: RC, LG, RC, LR

First RC also started with the Louvre and had a passage on bias I think? Second RC had a passage about comics and one about aqueducts so I think that one was experimental since I had nothing about paddles.

LG and LR obviously same as you!

• georgeeglass1georgeeglass1 Member
    36 karma

The RC section with the Louvre was ridiculous IMO.

Had LR-RC-LR-LG

LR was about what I expected, LG easy, RC was so hard.

The passage about science as a history was uninterpretable.

• gabbers312gabbers312 Member
    26 karma

@georgeeglass1 I was hoping that the RC with the Louvre was the experimental section because I got two RC sections. I feel like I bombed that section!

• kel sho 8888kel sho 8888 Core Member
    6 karma

@georgeeglass1 I had two RC sections and I cannot for the life of me remember what the last two passages were on this RC section. Help?

• matthewdwolpematthewdwolpe Free Trial Member
    90 karma

Friday test, had LR-LG-LG-RC. The LR included a question about why the ancestors of whales developed the ability to echolocate. First LG had a game with a cortet for a band with people playing cello and violin, and a game that involved people spread August-October. Second LG had a game involving the different floors of buildings and how they could be allocated relative to each other, as well as a game with different types of alcoholic bevs. RC was following order: a funny grasshopper reading, comparative about international law, history/comp. of US and Canadian banking systems, and the Chinese literati style of art.