Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official October 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• rglusakrglusak Core Member
    128 karma

for anyone who didn’t have double LR, did you have a weakening question about chickens and dinosaurs being related through a type of bacteria? it was like question 16 or around there

• ElleWoods-3-1-1ElleWoods-3-1-1 Core Member
    40 karma

@gabbers312 said:
    @georgeeglass1 I was hoping that the RC with the Louvre was the experimental section because I got two RC sections. I feel like I bombed that section!

Same here, I had two and the one on the Lourve killed me.

• traffaelli19traffaelli19 Free Trial Member
    7 karma

@matthewdwolpe said:
    Friday test, had LR-LG-LG-RC. The LR included a question about why the ancestors of whales developed the ability to echolocate. First LG had a game with a cortet for a band with people playing cello and violin, and a game that involved people spread August-October. Second LG had a game involving the different floors of buildings and how they could be allocated relative to each other, as well as a game with different types of alcoholic bevs. RC was following order: a funny grasshopper reading, comparative about international law, history/comp. of US and Canadian banking systems, and the Chinese literati style of art.

Did your Logical Reasoning section have 25 or 26 questions

• ninasuss628ninasuss628 Core Member
    69 karma

LR-LG-RC-LR

First LR very hard. I had the same RC as @matthewdwolpe and the games were just time consuming. Praying that the 1st LR was experimental. I did have that echolocation question and 95% sure I got it wrong.

• jnmomo12345jnmomo12345 Free Trial Member
    edited October 2022 3 karma

i had two RC and my second RC had a passage about a show, something with Paris in the title

• matthewdwolpematthewdwolpe Free Trial Member
    90 karma

@traffaelli19 said:

@matthewdwolpe said:
    Friday test, had LR-LG-LG-RC. The LR included a question about why the ancestors of whales developed the ability to echolocate. First LG had a game with a cortet for a band with people playing cello and violin, and a game that involved people spread August-October. Second LG had a game involving the different floors of buildings and how they could be allocated relative to each other, as well as a game with different types of alcoholic bevs. RC was following order: a funny grasshopper reading, comparative about international law, history/comp. of US and Canadian banking systems, and the Chinese literati style of art.

Did your Logical Reasoning section have 25 or 26 questions

I had 26 LR questions, which kind of took me by surprise when I just had the section 1 preview screen. Those haven’t appeared as frequently lately I feel like. couldn’t tell if it was gonna be RC or LR lol

• 31 karma

@mollerejulia Unfortunately I did lol

• 31 karma

Does anyone know if they curve heavier on RC... I took the one with two RC and first one was pretty awful. Haven't been hearing great things from anyone about this section, so would assume there would be more of a curve? Or is this just wishful thinking.

• banks.joseph195-1banks.joseph195-1 Free Trial Member
    edited October 2022 46 karma

Fri Test: So I had LR LG LG RC and felt it went reasonably ok. I had to use the restroom during LR, which may have cost me a few points had to resolve to drastic measures :cry: lol. After that the test went well except the first logic games had a game that blew my mind with more than enough time to :0. Hoping it was experimental because the second LG went swimmingly :-D . RC was usually difficult but nothing crazy! Wishing for at least a 158.

• shelbysoup-1shelbysoup-1 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

@georgeeglass1 said:
    The RC section with the Louvre was ridiculous IMO.

Had LR-RC-LR-LG

LR was about what I expected, LG easy, RC was so hard.

The passage about science as a history was uninterpretable.

@georgeeglass1 said:

Had LR-RC-LR-LG

…..
    Ok was the one w the louvre the one w the golden girls as well? I’m trying to remember 😩

@matthewdwolpe said:

sure hope that first one was experimental lg, that aug-oct was my worst nightmare!

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4300 karma

Saturday test taker, here's what I remember!

RC-LG-RC-LR

1st RC set: I.M Pei & Lourve Paris, History (comparative) Conflicts of interest, Nutrition and biology - found this subreddit from 3 years ago and the powerscore podcast indicates that this RC was the experimental in 2017 and the real deal in 2019. https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/cdo5e1/fuck_history_fuck_conflict_of_interest_fuck/

LG: linear, advanced linear, advanced grouping (fishing, hiking, kayaking), advanced grouping

2nd RC set: Ralph Ellison - Invisible man (different yet similar to PT 37), Jurors and evidence, archeologist, comparative on bottom up and top down processing (topics all of which are highly repeated in all the PTs)

LR: a lot of MBT, a lot of ridiculously tough flaw - content from LR that I remember: A question about kitchen appliances shipped for free and refrigerators not being shipped for free (mbt), conversation between 2 people where the 1st speaker replied back and we were asked what word the 2nd speaker misinterpreted, and a question about sea urchins I think, might've been a SA or PSA question.

128 karma

@"shelbysoup-1" said:

@georgeeglass1 said:

Had LR-RC-LR-LG

@georgeeglass1 said:

Had LR-RC-LR-LG

…..
    Ok was the one w the louvre the one w the golden girls as well? I’m trying to remember 😩

I had double LR, has the passages on grasshoppers and ancient chinese art!

• JollyMaryJollyMary Alum Member
    edited October 2022 38 karma

@matthewdwolpe said:

Do you have a guess on which LG is the experimental?

• __ame555__ame555 Core Member
    10 karma

I took it on Saturday and had LR-RC-RC-LG

Reading the comments, a lot of us had the same RC passages, thankfully they were not too difficult to comprehend for me. However, I am bummed that the games were apparently easy and I feel like I bombed. By then, I the test nerves definitely got to me and I couldn't think. Plus I suddenly got kicked out of my session.

I am debating whether I should retake in January if I get a low score. Is that too late?

• maya-tomlinson-1-1maya-tomlinson-1-1 Core Member
    edited October 2022 8 karma

i just need to know which RC from friday was the real one im so stressed

46 karma

@ninasuss628 said:
    LR-LG-RC-LR

First LR very hard. I had the same RC as @matthewdwolpe and the games were just time consuming. Praying that the 1st LR was experimental. I did have that echolocation question and 95% sure I got it wrong.

@ ninasuss628 which LG are we talking about the first with a cortet band and Aug-Sep, or the second with the buildings & alcoholic beverages? :smile:

• slxyzvvv-1slxyzvvv-1 Member
    120 karma

anyone who had only one LR and had questions abt Buddhism and Shintoism?

• zshi20zshi20 Member
    edited October 2022 36 karma

The third game of the international version sounds scary...I mean not the difficulty, but this game sounds like it has a scary plot behind it...I got goosebumps when doing this game. First time having experience like this lol.

• nattasha14nattasha14 Member
    46 karma

Waited an hour and 45 minutes to connect to a proctor and get the proctor chat system downloaded. I was already giving my test pretty late but all the problems led me to finish the test at 12 am local time for me. Honestly not a pleasant experience and nothing like what I experienced when I took it in January.

Anyways, I had LR LG RC LR. LG felt straightforward, RC was super long and LR was the usual level with hella flaw/weaken/MoR questions. Anyone else have the same 4?

Apart from that I hope you guys are taking the much needed time away from the LSAT and law school apps. I know last time around I agonized until the score came out but it’s good to remember what’s done is done and you can’t do anything to change it so stressing won’t help or change anything. And more than that, technically the minute you did the test, your score was in! All that takes these next 2 weeks is all the proctor checking etc. You did it!!! We did it :’)

• hopecuxevahopecuxeva Member
    54 karma

so the Louvre wasn't experimental or do people get different ones?

• nattasha14nattasha14 Member
    46 karma

@"slxyzvvv-1" said:

I had 2 LR but I had this question!

128 karma

@hopecuxeva said:

did your section have a passage on grasshoppers and chinese art? that’s the real one

128 karma

sorry those are two different passages but same section > @rglusak said:

@hopecuxeva said:

did your section have a passage on grasshoppers and chinese art? that’s the real one

• slxyzvvv-1slxyzvvv-1 Member
    120 karma

@nattasha14 said:

@"slxyzvvv-1" said:

I had 2 LR but I had this question!

I had 2, and I just rly wanted this one to be the real one. The other one was pure evil.

• devonrex-1devonrex-1 Alum Member
    edited October 2022 4 karma

I had two LRs- one was I believe 27 questions, and the other was 25 questions. First much harder than the second. Did anyone else have this amount of Qs per LR? Trying to see which one was real.

• qch7qch7 Member
    24 karma

Hey,

So I had two LG sections. The first section had a game about mixed use buildings (different floors had different uses such as residential, commercial etc)

The second LG section had a game about artists having their art displayed in different galleries, during the months of September, October, and November...

Can someone who only had one LG section confirm which is the real deal?

• matthewdwolpematthewdwolpe Free Trial Member
    90 karma

@JollyMary said:

@matthewdwolpe said:

If I had to guess I would say the one with building floors was experimental, although that is complete 100% speculation. It seemed to me like the type of game a lot of people would have struggled with, but not a lot of ppl were mentioning that they struggled on their games section.

• Lawyer_LoadingLawyer_Loading Live Member
    153 karma

Darn I had two RC as well with the louvre and the second RC had the golden girls, I was hoping the one with the golden girls was the one that counted. The last passage on the first RC was easy for me. When I began LG I struggled a bit with the first game but then I got into the zone. The last one about the T and W killed me, I was confused.. The LR was pretty smooth no complaints.

• lovesara0408lovesara0408 Member
    edited October 2022 19 karma

@devonrex-1 do you remember what kind of questions you saw on 25Q LR section? I got two LRs and both of them had 25Qs. Also how was the difficulty for the 25Q section? The first one I got was ridiculously difficult with so so many weakening questions.

Anyone who got two LRs and have any idea which one was experimental?
    My first LR had a question about high elevation and carbonated drinks, and the second one about Buddhism and Shintoism.

• mayyyyyouluckmayyyyyouluck Core Member
    27 karma

@lovesara0408 said:
    @devonrex-1 do you remember what kind of questions you saw on 25Q LR section? I got two LRs and both of them had 25Qs. Also how was the difficulty for the 25Q section? The first one I got was ridiculously difficult with so so many weakening questions.

Anyone who got two LRs and have any idea which one was experimental?
    My first LR had a question about high elevation and carbonated drinks, and the second one about Buddhism and Shintoism.

Some people on reddit are saying that the second lr is experimental.

• WhatIsLifeWhatIsLife Member
    810 karma

@qch7 said:
    Hey,

So I had two LG sections. The first section had a game about mixed use buildings (different floors had different uses such as residential, commercial etc)

The second LG section had a game about artists having their art displayed in different galleries, during the months of September, October, and November...

I had one LG and I think I had the second game, but my memory is terrible so I can't say for sure.

But there was for sure a game about Kayaking/Fishing/some other hobby in my LG and then another game about delivering goods to different places (Napkins, Quilts, etc, etc, etc).

• jjs832jjs832 Member
    7 karma

@qch7 said:
    Hey,

I had only one LG section and I had neither. Mine was France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy + Professors/Grad Students/ Undergrads + Fishing Hiking Kayaking + sending items to craft fairs, napkins, mittens, scarves, rugs, quilts

• jjs832jjs832 Member
    7 karma

I'm inclined to think that the Louvre/Historical Theory/Conflict of Interest/Nutrition Research RC was the real one because it was used several years ago on a real test. There's a thread from three years ago with a bunch of people complaining about this exact section. Surely some of them had only one RC on their test? If any of them had it as their only RC, obv it was a scored section which means LSAT was done running it through its experimental ringer. Re-using it as an experimental after having used it as a real scored section doesn't make much sense to me, though I could definitely be missing something + full disclosure I am not very knowledgeable about typical LSAC practice with these things.

• jjs832jjs832 Member
    7 karma

@jjs832 said:
    I'm inclined to think that the Louvre/Historical Theory/Conflict of Interest/Nutrition Research RC was the real one because it was used several years ago on a real test. There's a thread from three years ago with a bunch of people complaining about this exact section. Surely some of them had only one RC on their test? If any of them had it as their only RC, obv it was a scored section which means LSAT was done running it through its experimental ringer. Re-using it as an experimental after having used it as a real scored section doesn't make much sense to me, though I could definitely be missing something + full disclosure I am not very knowledgeable about typical LSAC practice with these things.

the thread --> https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/cdo5e1/fuck_history_fuck_conflict_of_interest_fuck/

• catethegreatcatethegreat Member
    44 karma

@173Goals I took the international version in Morocco and had LR LG RC LR

• catethegreatcatethegreat Member
    44 karma

Did anyone else take the international version in Morocco? I had LR LG RC LR, the first LR had something about Shinto and Buddhism??

• WhatIsLifeWhatIsLife Member
    810 karma

@jjs832 said:

Unfortunately, I think you are right. From this LSAT and what the PowerScore guys were saying I think the test makers are really putting emphasis on making RC the hardest section. For anyone taking the November LSAT like I am, I wouldn't count on RC being any easier. I'm going to be going through a section of RC almost daily from now until that LSAT.

But I'm hoping this means that LR and LG continue to be not extremely hard

• G.S12345G.S12345 Alum Member
    115 karma

@matthewdwolpe
    I think we had the same section they were just ordered differently. I had RC-LG-LR-LG

40 karma

@rglusak said:
    sorry those are two different passages but same section > @rglusak said:

@hopecuxeva said:

I had two RC sections but didn't have the grasshopper or Chinese art passages that people are talking about.

40 karma

@Lawyer_Loading said:
    Darn I had two RC as well with the louvre and the second RC had the golden girls, I was hoping the one with the golden girls was the one that counted. The last passage on the first RC was easy for me. When I began LG I struggled a bit with the first game but then I got into the zone. The last one about the T and W killed me, I was confused.. The LR was pretty smooth no complaints.

These are the same RC sections I had. Was also really hoping the one with golden girls was the real section but thinking that was the experimental now after reading the other comments.

• JollyMaryJollyMary Alum Member
    38 karma

@matthewdwolpe said:

@JollyMary said:

@matthewdwolpe said:

If I had to guess I would say the one with building floors was experimental, although that is complete 100% speculation. It seemed to me like the type of game a lot of people would have struggled with, but not a lot of ppl were mentioning that they struggled on their games section.

Thanks, I hope you’re right. It was the one made me reflect on my whole life during the break to pick up myself for the other two sections left.

128 karma

@JollyMary said:

@matthewdwolpe said:

I had only 1 LG and had the apartment game

• 8 karma

@qch7 said:
    Hey,

I had these both as well! Both felt good to me, though the September October November game was incredibly labour intensive - would prefer the mixed use buildings one to be the real one, but who knows.

46 karma

@JollyMary said:

@matthewdwolpe said:

@JollyMary said:

@matthewdwolpe said:

Thanks, I hope you’re right. It was the one made me reflect on my whole life during the break to pick up myself for the other two sections left.

lol i have the exact opposite feeling, i hope and pray the first was experimental aug-oct was a nightmare for me.

@rglusak said:

@JollyMary said:

@matthewdwolpe said:

I had only 1 LG and had the apartment game

OMG Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• lkabb089lkabb089 Core Member
    edited October 2022 5 karma

@rachellg said:
    I also had the proctor issues. I was connected with a proctor in the first place after a ~15-min waiting, then they suddenly disappeared after the id check, saying nothing in advance. I waited for another 20min to be connected with a new proctor. This one disappeared after the room scan. I waited for another 40min, then the same proctor was back and said she lost her connection and was sorry about that. I was already exhausted waiting before the exam really started. After the break, I also waited for over 20min for my proctor to proceed the check in. I had waited for almost 2h, seated and doing nothing.

This happened to me

• smoothbrainsmoothbrain Member
    128 karma

ok it seems pretty clear that the Paris RC is the graded one - is anyone else legit panicking now omfg. I like had a full blown meltdown in the middle of the section and now Im like praying for anything over a 158. Honestly that section was bonkers I can't believe they put it FIRST - like we didn't even have time to like get into the groove of the test after the nightmare that was the proctor setup process. I feel like I completely bombed after PTing honestly really high for months. What a mess

• shivani.ptel8shivani.ptel8 Core Member
    26 karma

This was my first time writing the LSAT and I'm glad I experienced the real testing situation. I noticed that unlike when I take PTs, I was a little nervous for the real LSAT which will have affected my score. Happy to have experienced this as I now know better for when I take the test the second time around.

• Hey! Did anyone have RC passage that mentioned water purification??