Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official October 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

13»

Comments

• aneesh.sood-1aneesh.sood-1 Core Member
    12 karma

For any Friday takers with one LG, did you get a section that had musicians as the 3rd game and art galleries with Sep-Oct-Nov as the 4th game, or a section that had the mixed use buildings and alcohol games as the last two?

• @smoothbrain said:
    ok it seems pretty clear that the Paris RC is the graded one - is anyone else legit panicking now omfg. I like had a full blown meltdown in the middle of the section and now Im like praying for anything over a 158. Honestly that section was bonkers I can't believe they put it FIRST - like we didn't even have time to like get into the groove of the test after the nightmare that was the proctor setup process. I feel like I completely bombed after PTing honestly really high for months. What a mess

Yup! I feel the same way….having that first, threw me completely off (RC LG RC LR Saturday)

• TomHagenTomHagen Alum Member
    78 karma

Seems like the sept-nov galleries game was on an experimental section of the international test a couple years ago. I’ve seen some posts on Reddit from people with one LG claiming to have had that section, but there’s also been people who’ve said they had the buildings section. There might be some confusion due to multiple games featuring buildings/galleries. We’ll probably have a better idea of what was scored tomorrow when powerscore puts out their recap podcast.

• matthewdwolpematthewdwolpe Free Trial Member
    90 karma

@TomHagen said:
    Seems like the sept-nov galleries game was on an experimental section of the international test a couple years ago. I’ve seen some posts on Reddit from people with one LG claiming to have had that section, but there’s also been people who’ve said they had the buildings section. There might be some confusion due to multiple games featuring buildings/galleries. We’ll probably have a better idea of what was scored tomorrow when powerscore puts out their recap podcast.

Haha this is honestly my favorite part of the LSAT. What Reddit forum are people talking about it on, I’m strictly a 7sage character.

• hopecuxevahopecuxeva Member
    54 karma

@rglusak said:

@hopecuxeva said:
    so the Louvre wasn't experimental or do people get different ones?

did your section have a passage on grasshoppers and chinese art? that’s the real one

neither one of my two RC passages had any readings on grasshoppers or Chinese art. I did have one about the Tokugawa social hierarchy though

• hopecuxevahopecuxeva Member
    54 karma

I feel like I bombed this test compared to the first time I took it. Would y'all recommend I cancel the score or would a canceled score look worse than a lower score?

• savannaungersavannaunger Free Trial Member
    4 karma

@"turtlepace21-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1" said:
    Hey! Did anyone have RC passage that mentioned water purification??

Yes i did

• savannaungersavannaunger Free Trial Member
    edited October 2022 4 karma

@smoothbrain said:
    ok it seems pretty clear that the Paris RC is the graded one - is anyone else legit panicking now omfg. I like had a full blown meltdown in the middle of the section and now Im like praying for anything over a 158. Honestly that section was bonkers I can't believe they put it FIRST - like we didn't even have time to like get into the groove of the test after the nightmare that was the proctor setup process. I feel like I completely bombed after PTing honestly really high for months. What a mess

• OwenRobinson5-1OwenRobinson5-1 Core Member
    7 karma

@"turtlepace21-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1" said:
    Hey! Did anyone have RC passage that mentioned water purification??

I did, but I think that was in the experimental section.

• 173Goals173Goals Member
    edited October 2022 20 karma

@catethegreat I had RC LR LR LG in Europe and an LR about Shintoism and Buddhism. I also had one about carbonated beverages and my second LR section felt much harder than the first but I can't remember which had which questions

20 karma

@lovesara0408 I had both of these LR sections but I'm in Europe!

• matthewdwolpematthewdwolpe Free Trial Member
    90 karma

@"banks.joseph195-1" said:

@rglusak said:

@JollyMary said:

@matthewdwolpe said:
    Friday test, had LR-LG-LG-RC. The LR included a question about why the ancestors of whales developed the ability to echolocate. First LG had a game with a cortet for a band with people playing cello and violin, and a game that involved people spread August-October. Second LG had a game involving the different floors of buildings and how they could be allocated relative to each other, as well as a game with different types of alcoholic bevs. RC was following order: a funny grasshopper reading, comparative about international law, history/comp. of US and Canadian banking systems, and the Chinese literati style of art.

Do you have a guess on which LG is the experimental?

I had only 1 LG and had the apartment game

OMG Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to follow up with this and say the Powerscore guys are confident (not certain) that the scored LG section was the one with the cortet, not the multi-use buildings game. The cortet game was apparently used on a 2018 switch out exam as an experimental section, while there is no record of the multi-use building game ever being used on a previous exam. Typically the previously appearing game/games are real when they appear again. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

• ElleWoods-3-1-1ElleWoods-3-1-1 Core Member
    40 karma

@smoothbrain said:

I had that section last after my brain was already tired and that was absolutely terrible. I couldn't even comprehend what I was reading.

• snowcap007snowcap007 Member
    180 karma

@ProfLayton said:
    Did absolutely terrible due to noises in my house and I think general nerves. Really fucking sucks since I was steamrolling PT's the past two weeks, made sure to get familiar with the actual test UI, and my proctor was really nice too. Such a waste of time just to probably get a 156-158 come 11/2

I feel the same!!! The nerves are what screwed me.

• catethegreatcatethegreat Member
    44 karma

@173Goals Hi, thanks for your response. Thats exactly what I had in one of my LRs and I also thought the second LR was more difficult. The RC had so many questions which I thought was weird, I kinda ran out of time to finish the last passage's questions but generally thought they were all pretty straight forward. However the one about computer parts and biological substitutes was difficult for me to understand. What did you think of the LG? I thought it was super hard and didn't get to finish all the questions. But, this is probably because LG is my worst section and I always panic.

• k_martiiik_martiii Live Member
    27 karma
    edited October 2022 20 karma

@catethegreat Hey! I didn't have any passages about computer parts and biological subsitutes... hmm... Did you have one mentioning DuBois? But I also think I did the worst on LG by far, which is also my worst section ): I felt good going in about easier games but I found all of the games on the test hard, lol. If I retake I need to study a lot more on LG. It also makes me panic when I can't figure out how to set up a game board for a question. It's very hard to do the harder games in time.

Do you have any idea which LR section was the experimental?

• CatsandlawCatsandlaw Core Member
    edited October 2022 15 karma

@matthewdwolpe said:
    Friday test, had LR-LG-LG-RC. The LR included a question about why the ancestors of whales developed the ability to echolocate. First LG had a game with a cortet for a band with people playing cello and violin, and a game that involved people spread August-October. Second LG had a game involving the different floors of buildings and how they could be allocated relative to each other, as well as a game with different types of alcoholic bevs. RC was following order: a funny grasshopper reading, comparative about international law, history/comp. of US and Canadian banking systems, and the Chinese literati style of art.

I had 2 LG sections. The one with the buildings and floors section was so hard but RC was the hardest section for me I couldn't even read straight so nervous for the results.

15 karma

@rglusak said:

@JollyMary said:

@matthewdwolpe said:

I had two LG, apartment game wasn't a game that was included in the section with the different floors of the buildings right? I'm really hoping the different floor game was in the experimental section. ugh I struggled hard with that one.

15 karma

Fri Test: So I had LR LG LG RC and felt it went reasonably ok. I had to use the restroom during LR, which may have cost me a few points had to resolve to drastic measures :cry: lol. After that the test went well except the first logic games had a game that blew my mind with more than enough time to :0. Hoping it was experimental because the second LG went swimmingly :-D . RC was usually difficult but nothing crazy! Wishing for at least a 158.

Which LG section was the one that was the hardest for you? I had 2 LG sections and I found the cello & violin game section to be fairly easily. The second LG section with the floors in the buildings was challenging to me I hope it was the experimental one :(

• banks.joseph195-1banks.joseph195-1 Free Trial Member
    46 karma

@Catsandlaw said:

Fri Test: So I had LR LG LG RC and felt it went reasonably ok. I had to use the restroom during LR, which may have cost me a few points had to resolve to drastic measures :cry: lol. After that the test went well except the first logic games had a game that blew my mind with more than enough time to :0. Hoping it was experimental because the second LG went swimmingly :-D . RC was usually difficult but nothing crazy! Wishing for at least a 158.

Which LG section was the one that was the hardest for you? I had 2 LG sections and I found the cello & violin game section to be fairly easily. The second LG section with the floors in the buildings was challenging to me I hope it was the experimental one :(

LOL Not to mess with your head, but i found the first with the cello and violin exceptionally easy except for the last artist game involving permits that I couldn't for the life of me figure out. The next LG with the buildings i can't really remember doing but enjoyed not becoming stuck on any one game in the second go round!

• banks.joseph195-1banks.joseph195-1 Free Trial Member
    46 karma

@Catsandlaw said:

@rglusak said:

@JollyMary said:

@matthewdwolpe said:

I had two LG, apartment game wasn't a game that was included in the section with the different floors of the buildings right? I'm really hoping the different floor game was in the experimental section. ugh I struggled hard with that one.

I assumed it was because I was hoping for the opposite lol. The artist permit game through me off before my first break and i got what i hoped for with a second chance a LG. I think it's a 50/50 because this discussion board has been anything but conclusive. Powerscore said something about the cello and violin game being the real section because there has never been a building allocation game, however, i believe i just did a pt with one but dont know if I'm just remembering the actual test itself lmao.