169-170-175

This literally has been beyond my wildest dreams. Thank you 7Sage!
I got a 169 in January, 170 in May and a 175 in October.
After the May scores came out, I knew I had to retake-I was PTing around 174 and my anxiety during the test definitely caused me to miss questions.

One word of advice that helped me a lot: deal with you anxiety in advance. I read a post in the forum that discusses this and it was extremely helpful. My takeaway: if you tend to be really anxious during exams(like me), PT under pressure, and stick to the methodology we have been practicing instead of rushing into decisions.

7Sage really helped me a lot in identifying my problems: this meant a lot for me as I literally had less than a month to prepare for the October LSAT. I think identifying one's weak spots, whether in the form of LR question types or RC passage types, is one of the most efficient ways to improve one's grade.

Anyway, I'm just...too happy. As a international STEM major, this is way beyond what I had hoped for when I'm still studying. Hope to get into my dream school this cycle!

Comments

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    848 karma

@"Cheng Shi-1" Congratulations on your score! We're happy to be part of your LSAT journey!

• Thank you JYThank you JY Alum Member
    328 karma

Congratulations!

• 19817877711981787771 Member
    7 karma

Huge congrats! I just took the October test for the first time, and scored lower than my average PT score because of anxiety. Do you mind sharing any tips on dealing with test day anxiety? What did you do to simulate pressure during PT's?

• md753md753 Alum Member
    67 karma

Was wondering about how you feel about being stuck at a score or taking the test before you feel ready? Is it better to prolong studying and wait?

• Cheng Shi-1Cheng Shi-1 Member
    48 karma

@md753 said:
    Was wondering about how you feel about being stuck at a score or taking the test before you feel ready? Is it better to prolong studying and wait?

I didn't feel ready enough, to be honest. I would have loved another one or two months to study. But honestly, when you've acquired enough skill and is PTing at an acceptable score, I think you're in good shape. Stuck at a certain score was also frustrating for me. I think what helped me increase my score eventually was identifying my weaknesses and focusing on the question types that I kept getting wrong.

That being said, don't prolong studying and wait. I suspect my May test suffered from the burnout a lot. Take your test when you objectively feel ready enough. Best of luck!

• Cheng Shi-1Cheng Shi-1 Member
    48 karma

@1981787771 said:
    Huge congrats! I just took the October test for the first time, and scored lower than my average PT score because of anxiety. Do you mind sharing any tips on dealing with test day anxiety? What did you do to simulate pressure during PT's?

To be honest, I didn't overcome my anxiety(I was awake half the night before the LSAT), but I tried my best to work with it. For me simulating the pressure was just trying to fit PT time in between classes...but it varies.

A friend of mine sent me a podcast by Spivey talking about test day pressure. It also did me a world of good.

One thing you might also try is to set harsher time limits during PTs. During PTs I can usually finish sections about 4-5 minutes ahead of time, and during the test I find I spend too much time because the words are not registering or whatnot, I don't freak out because I can get it done. Also, trust yourself and your abilities: during the test I had two minutes left with three LG questions to go, but I knew I could get this done, and I finished on time. Don't freak out, trust yourself.