Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official November 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited November 2022 in November 2022 LSAT 1390 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official November 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the November LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, November 15th.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in June
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the November LSAT!

Please keep all discussions of the November 2022 LSAT here!

Comments

• good luck to everyone! I'm a Saturday test taker!

• Alisa417-1-1Alisa417-1-1 Core Member
    11 karma

I am taking it in about 2 hours- it's my first LSAT and I have only been studying for about 5 weeks. I am also taking January, but I am hoping to do as well as I know I can today!
    If any seasoned test takers want to add some last minute advice to this thread, all would be welcomed by me! Good luck everyone!!!

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

Taking it in a few hours!!! Good luck everyone!!

• Lsat_taker122Lsat_taker122 Member
    72 karma

Just finished! I'm either super happy or super sad depending on which section was experimental :neutral:

• cat_personcat_person Member
    70 karma

@Lsat_taker122 did the test feel fair?

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

Finished!!! Have no clue how it went except for LG 100%... Now for the wait-- I finally understand the agony!! lol

• nbattat1nbattat1 Member
    21 karma

@LinZhu1203 Same on all accounts. How do you normally do on LG?

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1390 karma

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, November 15th.

Posts/comments that violate these rules are taken down. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

• nabucco.2017nabucco.2017 Member
    54 karma

Does LR had 25 or 26 questions is also prohibited to say? If not, I would ask for answer

• bwilmans22bwilmans22 Core Member
    26 karma

I took the October LSAT did anyone else think that the November one was easier?

• kaur2000kaur2000 Core Member
    edited November 2022 5 karma

\

• WhatIsLifeWhatIsLife Member
    810 karma

@herpreetkaur2000 said:
    Which section was repeated?

It's different for everyone. Any one of the sections could be repeated

• kaur2000kaur2000 Core Member
    5 karma

Yes, i am asking in general, which section was repeated for you?

• I'm not thinkin I did so hot, but hey, could always be surprised right?

• gisellegoadgisellegoad Core Member
    42 karma

Taking it at 12:40pm CST tomorrow... PUMPED up for it. Hope there aren't any misc. games, and that RC isn't as hard as it has been on recent administrations.

• plong222plong222 Member
    50 karma

About to test! I start at 11:20 am pst. This is my last test, at least for this cycle, so time to give it my all! Best of luck to everyone today! We are going to crush this!!!!!!

• fatima2022fatima2022 Core Member
    8 karma

Just finished!! Not sure about how I did on LG, but the rest seemed fair!

• Just finished as well - felt good and overall seemed fair!

70 karma

Weird to not begin blind reviewing haha. Waiting game is going to be tough...

• honey777honey777 Member
    21 karma

I get a perfect score on logic games every single time and today I didn't get to answer three of the questions.

• plong222plong222 Member
    edited November 2022 50 karma

@gisellegoad

I had the exact same thing and am also feeling devastated about RC, which sucks bc I was aiming for 175+. I ran out of time and had to rush the last comparative section, also the second reading was rough

• Lawyer_LoadingLawyer_Loading Live Member
    153 karma

The LR was really hard. I am tired.. 😫 not trying to settle with my 150’s but at this point.. 🤦🏽‍♀️

• sweeticebluesweeticeblue Core Member
    14 karma

I cried at intermission. That about sums it up.

• sweeticebluesweeticeblue Core Member
    14 karma

@"CDROMulus-1-1-1-1-1" said:
    I'm not thinkin I did so hot, but hey, could always be surprised right?

Not so confident myself... although my husband and I are sitting here saying how funny it would be if I scored really high, after guessing at so many.

• kchrissy111kchrissy111 Member
    53 karma

@jayneniccolehawkins said:

If it makes you feel any better, I also cried during intermission LOL

• pablomonkey-1-1pablomonkey-1-1 Alum Member
    14 karma

@honey777 said:
    I get a perfect score on logic games every single time and today I didn't get to answer three of the questions.

Similar, I usually get -0 to -2 on LG, and I think I got at least 5 wrong here. I have a really hard time replicating my LG practice test scores on the real test tho. Not being able to achieve my practice scores on the real test is the most frustrating thing about this exam for me.

• Shemariel165-1-1-1Shemariel165-1-1-1 Live Member
    114 karma

@kchrissy111 said:

@jayneniccolehawkins said:

If it makes you feel any better, I also cried during intermission LOL

If it makes you guys feel any better in September I cried through the whole test. Literally only up from here lol

• gcoughlan-1gcoughlan-1 Member
    71 karma

Feeling pretty bummed. This is my 4th LSAT and I did pretty well on my last try, but not good enough to get accepted off the waitlist so I was optimistic i'd be able to beat my score and get myself over the 165 threshold for this cycle.

I woke up yesterday after having a terrible sleep the night before despite trying to mitigate that by exercising hard early in the day and taking prescription sleeping pills before bed. I slept maybe 3 hours in the 10 hours I gave myself. I was just completely restless. I then woke up 2 hours before my exam with the beginnings of a cold so felt foggy and terrible.

I ended up with LR-LG-RC-LR. First LR felt fine...but I fully didn't finish game #3 about the dog walking. I must have missed an inference/spent way too long on games 1 and 2 because none of the games seemed very difficult...it was just like I couldn't get my head in it so I guessed on probably 6 or 7 Qs which I am SO disappointed about. RC felt difficult, especially the one passage with 8 (???) questions, but at least I finished everything. The second LR was hard but I was also so checked out by the time I got there.

My proctor disappeared during one of my breaks for over 15 minutes after my first section and I was in tears by the time someone came back because I was just typing "hello???" into the void and thought I got disconnected and couldn't finish my exam.

3/10 experience on this one. I am super bummed and feel like I did far worse than I should have.

• kmcdo020kmcdo020 Member
    5 karma

Is it possible to determine which section of the LSAT is experimental? For example if I have two LR sections and one is 25 questions and the other 26 questions is the one with 26 questions experimental?

• I was trying to to get connected with a proctor and do everything and start my LSAT for 45 minutes! I was starting to think that my exam might get canceled or something bc of how long it took and the number of times I restarted my laptop. This literally happens to me every time I want to do the LSAT (this was my third attempt).

Frustrated from this, my first section starts off with LG which naturally I do not think I did well in from how stressed I was just trying to get connected lol (but you never know sometimes you feel you did bad but you actually did good). I had an experimental RC section sadly and to make matters even worse, both of my RC sections were 27 questions :). LR was pretty standard for me nothing too hard.

Now I'm not sure if what I just said constitutes as "talking about specifics," but if it does please let me know and I will take this down.

• redhotchilipepperredhotchilipepper Alum Member
    edited November 2022 7 karma

@"nabucco.2017" said:
    Does LR had 25 or 26 questions is also prohibited to say? If not, I would ask for answer

Thats an interesting question. I answered, but now Im not sure if Im prohibited to say so I removed. Sorry about that.

• redhotchilipepperredhotchilipepper Alum Member
    7 karma

@alirezamirshafieia said:
    I was trying to to get connected with a proctor and do everything and start my LSAT for 45 minutes! I was starting to think that my exam might get canceled or something bc of how long it took and the number of times I restarted my laptop. This literally happens to me every time I want to do the LSAT (this was my third attempt).

Frustrated from this, my first section starts off with LG which naturally I do not think I did well in from how stressed I was just trying to get connected lol (but you never know sometimes you feel you did bad but you actually did good). I had an experimental RC section sadly and to make matters even worse, both of my RC sections were 27 questions :). LR was pretty standard for me nothing too hard.

Now I'm not sure if what I just said constitutes as "talking about specifics," but if it does please let me know and I will take this down.

This is SO relatable - close to exactly my experience. First section did not do well from technical issues and stress. Background noises incurred proctor to check and make sure I wasn't cheating, which took away from my time.

• alexzhang979-1alexzhang979-1 Alum Member
    edited November 2022 12 karma

Maybe I'm lucky but the sections I got were much better than the October test

• gisellegoadgisellegoad Core Member
    42 karma

@"alexzhang979-1" said:

Do you know what the curve was for October?

• davidkhaimov525davidkhaimov525 Core Member
    edited November 2022 10 karma

@kmcdo020 said:
    Is it possible to determine which section of the LSAT is experimental? For example if I have two LR sections and one is 25 questions and the other 26 questions is the one with 26 questions experimental?

• alexzhang979-1alexzhang979-1 Alum Member
    12 karma

I think that depends on what questions you get in October, which varies. I personally did pretty bad in October.

@gisellegoad said:

@"alexzhang979-1" said:

Do you know what the curve was for October?

70 karma

Rooting for everyone! What I'm reminding myself: how you FEEL you performed, may not be an accurate reflection of how you ACTUALLY performed. Hope everyone is hanging in there.

Also:

• I performed really well during the whole exam. I was not stressed nor phased. After the 2nd second section, I knew that I had nailed the exam and was able to finish and did it with great confidence. I had no technical issues and had prepared for experience for year. I upgrated my web cam so it can focus really to capture my driver's license details very accurate and the camera is over $150. I upgraded keyboard and mouse to wireless. I upgraded Networking card to handle a higher bandwidth. I made certain my room for testing had to match the exact conditions that LSAC require and ProctureU required. I practiced every aspect including the equipment check and show id. I used exams as 76-92 as for the LSAT and 58-75 as experimentals. Once did 76-92 for the first four months and review them. I did 2 more passes with exams spaced out at least 4-5 months from the time I took the original practice exam and did it with 6 sections to manage the added stress. I put in an extra logic game and extra reading section. I drank green tea and 1 mug of coffee before the exam and 1 at the break to calm my hands. I did breathing exercises and mediation from my weekly Kung Fu class to help. Also, I watched Disney movies, Little House on the Prairie and the Minions to keep my mind clear of any negative influence. I didn't watch anything scary nor did watch intense dramas. Nor did I watch anything that would psyche me up. I did not want to tense up. I treated the experienal section just like regular task when you have in the real world and didn't work which section is experimental. Because it is futile worry about the experimental. Preparring with extra section is much better way to manage the stress rather than worry which section is experimental. I had my food brought in on Friday from Carraba's Italian Grill. I watch Minions 2 at 11:00 am sharp and at lunch at the same time. I called up Uber Eats to bring me 2 pumpkin spice lattes and were brought to me at 2 PM. I drank my first latte and listen classical music before the exam. Then, I did my breathing exercises and meditated and prayed at 3 pm. I knew the LSAT material really well and was able to remember every detail with great accuracy. I took my LSAT at exactly 4:40 PM CST. I drank my 2nd latte at the break and went to the bathroom. I got finished slight before 8:30 PM. After I felt a surge like I was fire and felt had won the whole thing. I had my Canolli cake from Carraba's to celebrate. I sat down ate and watch Little House on the Prairie. The next day I went to see Black Adam with the Rock at the movie theater. It is a great experience for me overall. I feel very confident and not worried about the result because I know my LSAT skills are very good that is what matters to get me to the schools I will apply to. I am not aiming for t-14. Just schools to be near friends and family.

• @so_j_so_j said:
    Rooting for everyone! What I'm reminding myself: how you FEEL you performed, may not be an accurate reflection of how you ACTUALLY performed. Hope everyone is hanging in there.

Also:

Don't do that, don't give me hope lmao.

• okkkkkkkkkkkokkkkkkkkkkk Member
    edited November 2022 135 karma

@"gcoughlan-1" said:

I ended up with LR-LG-RC-LR. First LR felt fine...but I fully didn't finish game #3 about the dog walking. I must have missed an inference/spent way too long on games 1 and 2 because none of the games seemed very difficult...it was just like I couldn't get my head in it so I guessed on probably 6 or 7 Qs which I am SO disappointed about. RC felt difficult, especially the one passage with 8 (???) questions, but at least I finished everything. The second LR was hard but I was also so checked out by the time I got there.

Did your RC include a passage about whales and pitch?

53 karma

If anyone is curious - Powerscores November LSAT Recap Podcast just went live! They'll talk about experimental/real sections and then the potential curve band based on what sections you had.

54 karma

I took LSAT yesterday because of paper pencil form. It was my second exam (first January 2022) and it was 10 times harder than first one. I was reading discussion and it seems that Paper Pencil form has totally different questions. I did not have nothing about whales or pitch, and I did not have any game about dogs. I had LR-LG-LR-RC.
    If this is true then it is totally unfair. All test takers should have same questions!

• kdpt9876kdpt9876 Alum Member
    26 karma

I felt like I did awful. I was doing so well on my practice tests too before I took it. Why do I feel like I forgot everything when I was taking my test?! This wait is agonizing. I keep having nightmares about my score.

• nw0250bnw0250b Member
    35 karma

@kdturner04 said:
    I felt like I did awful. I was doing so well on my practice tests too before I took it. Why do I feel like I forgot everything when I was taking my test?! This wait is agonizing. I keep having nightmares about my score.

Same idk why but I got to the real test and felt like I underperformed especially on reading comp which is usually my strongest section after LG

• gcoughlan-1gcoughlan-1 Member
    71 karma

@okkkkkkkkkkk said:

@"gcoughlan-1" said:

Did your RC include a passage about whales and pitch?

I don't recall a passage on whales...but I think I am blacking out this exam from my memory.

54 karma

Preston Bigley… I did not have this question. So now I am sure we don’t have all same questions. This is how fair this exam is for test takers. Double standards…

53 karma

@"Preston Bigley" I had that question but I honestly couldn't tell you what the correct answer choice was. I feel like I either went with the second answer choice you mentioned or an answer choice that was about the conclusion still being justified since they adjusted for their original miscalculations? I kinda blacked out during the exam so I don't really remember what I picked lol

• gurpreetk35gurpreetk35 Alum Member
    195 karma

can someone explain how the curve works for lsat scores?