Scholarship essays at NYU/Berk

lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member

Lots of applications require separate essays for each Scholarship.
NYU app has like 20 different schollys listed in the app each requiring an essay.
Berkeley has at least 3 different scholarship essays

How are those who are applying for Schollys handling these? Are you just checking the box that you're applying without submitting the essays?
Or can one simply point them to PS?

It seems like there's no downside to applying for EACH scholarship even though the chances are small of getting them. Anyone in the same boat?

Comments

• jwilli77jwilli77 Core Member
    42 karma

You don't have to submit an additional essay for Root-Tilden-Kern if your personal statement addresses your PI interest. I've written a lot of the essays by using rejected ideas for my personal statement too. I would say focus on the essays that you think you are truly a good fit for - it's way easier to write an essay if you're not BSing. Also, I'd say just start. They're all fairly short - and they're not nearly supposed to be as intense as your personal statement. I think you'll be surprised how quickly you can crank them out.

• lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    488 karma

@jwilli77 said:
    You don't have to submit an additional essay for Root-Tilden-Kern if your personal statement addresses your PI interest. I've written a lot of the essays by using rejected ideas for my personal statement too. I would say focus on the essays that you think you are truly a good fit for - it's way easier to write an essay if you're not BSing. Also, I'd say just start. They're all fairly short - and they're not nearly supposed to be as intense as your personal statement. I think you'll be surprised how quickly you can crank them out.

I was wondering, what's the downside to checking the box for consideration of ALL scholarships say at NYU?
    Some of the guidelines are vague at best on those pages about who qualifies and how selective they might be. So I have no idea which of those one may be able to get.
    Example, I was trying to find how to apply for this one and didn't see it. it's got to be there somewhere but just not very clear. https://www.law.nyu.edu/centers/grunin-social-entrepreneurship/courses-programs/scholarships