Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 weeks till Jan LSAT

I am currently stuck between a 147-151 on PT. I have about 10 weeks until I take the LSAT and my goal score is a 154. I have gotten a 154 once, but that was untimed and I took double the time recommended. Does anyone have any advise on how long I should study or what I should do throughout the next few weeks?

Comments

• mikalyn.greenzweigmikalyn.greenzweig Live Member
    503 karma

Personally I think the quickest way to improve your score is to focus on perfecting your strengthens as much as possible. For example, if LG is your strong suit, which is also the easiest section for most to improve on, I would focus on that. Or if LR is your strong suit, figure out which question types you understand the most and work towards perfecting those types and so on and so forward. Maybe even consider rescheduling your test date to February if it's not too late if this is something that is really concerning you. I would aim to study as much as you can up until the final 2 weeks of the test without cramming or stressing yourself out as well.

• @"mikalyn.greenzweig" said:
    Personally I think the quickest way to improve your score is to focus on perfecting your strengthens as much as possible. For example, if LG is your strong suit, which is also the easiest section for most to improve on, I would focus on that. Or if LR is your strong suit, figure out which question types you understand the most and work towards perfecting those types and so on and so forward. Maybe even consider rescheduling your test date to February if it's not too late if this is something that is really concerning you. I would aim to study as much as you can up until the final 2 weeks of the test without cramming or stressing yourself out as well.

Thank you so much!

• ConstantineConstantine Member
    edited November 2022 1320 karma

I would focus on all sections.
    And I would love to help and tutor you for free. I will do it for sport. If you need only 7 points to increase it will take between 1 and 2 weeks.
    I've done it before (see the last two comments): https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/163671

• @Constantine said:
    I would focus on all sections.
    And I would love to help and tutor you for free. I will do it for sport. If you need only 7 points to increase it will take between 1 and 2 weeks.

I would really appreciate that! I am not too familiar with the 7sage website so I do not know if I can DM you, but I can send you my email if that works.

1320 karma

You can PM me here. I just did PM you.

• 6 karma

@marisabeljimen7-1 I am in a very similar position! Thank you so much for this thread!
    @Constantine Would it be possible to if I could take you up on tutoring as well??

edited November 2022 1320 karma

@"SMITH.DESINY-1" said:
    @marisabeljimen7-1 I am in a very similar position! Thank you so much for this thread!
    @Constantine Would it be possible to if I could take you up on tutoring as well??

If you have time to study intensively, then YES! (Unfortunately, OP could study only weekly, so I couldn't help them, which means I have time for one pro-bono student).
    What score range are you in? What is your target score? And what is the breakdown by sections?

• HarimKimHarimKim Member
    32 karma

@Constantine I just came across this post. I also really need improvements in my RC scores to reach my target score. Would it be possible for me to get tutoring as well?

1320 karma

@HarimKim said:
    @Constantine I just came across this post. I also really need improvements in my RC scores to reach my target score. Would it be possible for me to get tutoring as well?

I can have only one pro-bono student at a time.

• Jay DoshiJay Doshi Member
    20 karma

definitely, but I think you an aim higher than that. Mid to low 160's is reasonable

• valentina.soares-1valentina.soares-1 Alum Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    194 karma

Hey there! One thing that can help you get over plateaus is studying with other people. Sometimes collaborating with others and hearing how they think through questions can really help you look at questions from a different perspective or teach you something completely new. Having a study group can also be really great for accountability and staying on track.

If you think this is something you would enjoy, you should join our next Study Group Break Out session! It will be on Monday, December 5th from 9:00-10:30pm ET. We put you in groups with other people scoring in the same range as you so you can all work together to prepare for test day early next year! Here's what you need to do if you're interested:

1. Register for the Breakout no later than this Sunday, December 4th.
    2. Take PT53 Section 1 (based on 7Sage's numbering - should be an LR section) and blind review it, but DON'T look at the answers (I suggest you take it as a "Drill" rather than as a PrepTest)!
    3. Log in to the Breakout Session at the appointed time. We will automatically place you in a group of 3-5 students with similar scores so you can review the section together.
    4. At the end of the session, you can exchange emails and keep meeting if you enjoyed the group.

Hope to see you there! Register for the event using this link:
    https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZckceutqDMpGdNlRj7KxpjosXpyPdXd2LEz

• edited November 2022 6 karma

@Constantine said:

@"SMITH.DESINY-1" said:

If you have time to study intensively, then YES! (Unfortunately, OP could study only weekly, so I couldn't help them, which means I have time for one pro-bono student).
    What score range are you in? What is your target score? And what is the breakdown by sections?

@Constantine Thank you so much! I've been studying on my own since Sept. and I average 5-7 hours per day x5 per week. I'd say my toughest section is LR with NA questions and SA the kickers for me. LG is my strongest, but I oftentimes run out of time. Time management is one of my biggest struggles. If I could just complete the sections timely, I do believe my score would jump significantly probably even near my target. But as of now I have never been able to finish a PT without running out of time!

• sadealaka27sadealaka27 Free Trial Member
    8 karma

Thank you for starting this thread! Very helpful advice.