Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Addendum's and Retakes

I have been out of undergrad for 3 years and work full time as a legal assistant. I scored a 150 in June and a 158 in October (I started using 7Sage in August to help study prep) I feel confident since my PT scores are in the 165+ range that I should re-take in January. I am working on safety school apps as well at the moment and plan to apply to goal school in February with my new score. If I have another significant score increase, do I need to write a LSAT addendum? What are the recommendations for people with multiple scores?

Comments

• TomHagenTomHagen Alum Member
    edited November 2022 78 karma

It’s probably going to depend on the schools you’re applying to. Some say they only consider the highest score, others say they consider all scores and would like an explanation if there’s a significant “disparity” between them. There are also some that say they don’t want to be sent addendums about score increases. The JD program FAQ is a good place to look for a school’s policy, it’s also sometimes included in the application instructions.

My advice would be to write a very brief addendum and then send it in if you see something indicating that a school would like an explanation.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Former admissions officer here. If you have a significant score increase (4 or more points) or have 3 or attempts, you may benefit by providing an explanation of your LSAT history. Keep your addendum concise and factual. You don't need to state the obvious or go into detail about how you prepared for each exam. Good luck!