Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Should I Cancel my Nov Score? (158-165-164) - 7Sage Forum

Should I Cancel my Nov Score? (158-165-164)

in General 42 karma

I got a 165 in Oct which I am extremely happy with, but since I was consistently PTing higher than 165 I decided to take the Nov test. My plan was to cancel the Nov Lsat score if it was anything lower than my 165. Well I got my Nov score back and it's a 164. Should I cancel this score since it's lower than 165 or should I keep it because it's only one point lower? A 164 is still above the medium LSAT sore of most of the schools I am applying to (LMU, USD, Pepperdine), but I am also applying to higher ranking schools and 165 is their medium.
I am concerned that if I cancel it will look bad and I don't want admissions to assume I did a lot worse than 165. But I also don't want them to think I got lucky with my 165 if I do not cancel. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also my gpa is 3.56.

Comments

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

It's only one point lower... I wouldn't cancel it

• hunter3littleton-1hunter3littleton-1 Core Member
    60 karma

Don't cancel. Your fear that schools would see the previous 165 as lucky is most likely not the case. If anything, it will only further legitimize the fact that the 165 is indicative of your current test taking capacity.

You are, however, correct in assuming that law schools will read a score cancellation as a move to eliminate one that is much worse than a 165 (and presumably less than the 158 you first scored).

• Carol9566Carol9566 Core Member
    34 karma

Don't cancel it. If anything it just shows that you were able to consistently score in the mid 160's.