Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Other resources for Logic Games

Late Not NeverLate Not Never Alum Member
in Logic Games 56 karma

I have been enjoying 7Sage right up until the LG section. I cannot learn these games this way. Can anyone recommend another resource that teaches the games in a different style? Not disloyal to 7Sage in any way, but this is making me a total head case and affecting my performance on all the sections. Before starting LG I was scoring -1 or -2 on LR and -3 or -4 on RC and now my scores are tanking across the board. #help

Comments

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    edited September 2018 737 karma

@"Late Not Never" said:
    I have been enjoying 7Sage right up until the LG section. I cannot learn these games this way. Can anyone recommend another resource that teaches the games in a different style? Not disloyal to 7Sage in any way, but this is making me a total head case and affecting my performance on all the sections. Before starting LG I was scoring -1 or -2 on LR and -3 or -4 on RC and now my scores are tanking across the board. #help

Could you elaborate on what you mean by that?? Do you mean your struggles with the section have affected your overall performance/confidence about the LSAT? Also, why don't you like 7Sage's methods for LG? There aren't a lot of resources out there for LG that are nearly as accessible as the free explanations from 7Sage. I know the feelings you're describing very well, as LG has been my biggest hurdle, but I don't know that there are any other methods for LG that are much better. The only thing in 7Sage's LG methods I might take exception to is the position on "Not Laws" in sequencing games, which I find are sometimes really helpful even though it's probably better, generally, to intuit the relative placement of items as suggested in the CC here, especially for "pure sequencing" games, for which writing out extensive "Not Laws" can be a pain and overly time consuming, which I guess was probably JY's main point about "Now Laws" anyway.

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    285 karma

Maybe try watching the free Khan Academy videos available thru LSAC? I've been watching them and they've helped drive home certain points.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Hmm. This is tough. All the reviews I know of, people think the 7sage material is the best out there for games. I'm also a little confused on how the LG material would affect your scores in LR and RC?

The next best thing I think I could say is you could try the Powerscore LG Bible, but honestly I started with that and found it really lacking. It confused me more than when I just tried it blind on my own haha. 7sage is what helped me get all the pieces together. Maybe working with a tutor or study buddy would help to answer your questions as you go?

• Late Not NeverLate Not Never Alum Member
    56 karma

Thanks everyone...very frustrated! The other scores are suffering because LG is giving me a major confidence problem!!
    RE: the reason they are hard...I have a fairly significant spatial learning disability that doesn't really get in my way in real life, except for doing things like putting furniture together with instructions that are pictorial rather than verbal (think Ikea). This is where the problem with the LG comes in...the diagrams are so visual and so spatial that they are hard for me to learn. :/
    I guess I'll just keep on keepin' on!

Thanks for the feedback!

• swatelawswatelaw Live Member
    4 karma

It would help if the videos were not 100 miles per hour. Guy is talking like he has been up for 3 days straight with no sleep. I have not learned anything on the logic game videos, nothing. Very frustrating.

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited January 2023 1427 karma

@swatelaw said:
    It would help if the videos were not 100 miles per hour. Guy is talking like he has been up for 3 days straight with no sleep. I have not learned anything on the logic game videos, nothing. Very frustrating.

Sorry about that.

Just letting you can set the video playback speed to 0.8x. When you hover your mouse over the video, you'll see speed options. Select "0.8x" for the video to play slower.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions.