Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official January 2023 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official January 2023 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the January 2023 LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Wednesday, January 18th.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in June
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the January 2023!

Please keep all discussions of the January 2023 LSAT here!

Comments

• smokingthesemeatssmokingthesemeats Core Member
    25 karma

I am scared

• mikalyn.greenzweigmikalyn.greenzweig Live Member
    503 karma

@smokingthesemeats no don't be!! You are going to do great, and goodluck to you today!!

• cgs14cgs14 Member
    3 karma

Took it this morning, second and final LSAT. Scored 168 in November and hoping for 172. Feel good about this test although the RC passage about omission bias was unlike any I'd ever seen before and I spent too long trying to figure it out. Good luck to everyone taking it today and tomorrow.

• kavanakrkavanakr Member
    16 karma

I heard that the hard section was from a past exam and that will be the one thats graded......... awesome

• SheenVaderSheenVader Core Member
    edited January 2023 66 karma

• edited January 2023 16 karma

Me too! I did so well on my prep test and then today I was really struggling. I think that section might've set me back :(

16 karma

@karenaliciaquintanilla literally so confused

503 karma

@karenaliciaquintanilla got to the point where I was perfecting every game and getting -0 on all my prep test, that literally went out the door today😭

• cat_personcat_person Member
    edited January 2023 70 karma

Were these scary games harder than stained glass or the office switching game?

• avgscoreravgscorer Member
    31 karma

SUNSCREEN GUYS SUNSCREEN!

• edited January 2023 12 karma

@SheenVader said:
    Do you remember any of the topics from RC?

@"RobertTL-1-1-1" said:
    This was my second LSAT with my first being the one in June. I scored 173 on the last one and was hoping to score a bit higher to improve my chance of getting into top tier schools and possibly tutoring jobs. I found thw reading comprehension and logical reasoning (I had two of these) fairly easy, but logic games was particularly hard to the point I think might have scored lower than last time. I found the grants game and the engineers game very difficult, ran out of time finishing them and had to guess a couple questions.

• nabucco.2017nabucco.2017 Member
    edited January 2023 54 karma

Now I am super stressed. LG was the only section that can help me increase my score, and now I see it was difficult 😞 both LG were hard or just one? I will take test tommorow

• SheenVaderSheenVader Core Member
    edited January 2023 66 karma

• Catherine-12Catherine-12 Member
    61 karma

Does anyone know if Friday's and Saturday's LSAT are the same or do they have two different tests? I assume they make two different tests but I was wondering if this has been confirmed?

• megan.ramnath-1-1-1megan.ramnath-1-1-1 Alum Member
    edited January 2023 3 karma

@"Catherine-12" said:
    Does anyone know if Friday's and Saturday's LSAT are the same or do they have two different tests? I assume they make two different tests but I was wondering if this has been confirmed?

I was wondering this too but then I realized that we all get the same curve when stats are out so I assume we all take the same test. However, I don’t think it has been confirmed just a speculation I made.

• meow1234meow1234 Core Member
    edited January 2023 21 karma

Was rc hard

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1390 karma

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Wednesday, January 18th.

Comments that violate these rules are taken down. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

• Just finished! This is my second time writing so I felt more in control of the test. Now fingers crossed :) To all those still writing or planning to write - GOOD LUCK, YOU GOT THIS!

• paigebarsukovpaigebarsukov Member
    99 karma

That final logic game :')

Did anyone else have the Legally Blond passage? Was super surprised when I saw that as a topic.

• cat_personcat_person Member
    edited January 2023 70 karma

Any instincts on what the curve will be?

• @meow1234 said:
    Was rc hard

yes

• kolerv9923-1kolerv9923-1 Member
    edited January 2023 50 karma

@cat_person said:
    Any instincts on what the curve will be?

gonna guess -8 for the saturday test, at least the one i saw.

• yzhang65yzhang65 Free Trial Member
    edited January 2023 9 karma

@paigebarsukov said:

Did anyone else have the Legally Blond passage? Was super surprised when I saw that as a topic.

i got the same article

• Melr1234-1Melr1234-1 Alum Member
    67 karma

i literally haven't been able to relax since yesterday and now i cannot stop trippin i feel like what if i got the whole LR section wrong LOL idk!!! ugh

• castillohcastilloh Core Member
    4 karma

@"Melr1234-1" said:

i literally haven't been able to relax since yesterday and now i cannot stop trippin i feel like what if i got the whole LR section wrong LOL idk!!! ugh

No same but for LG 😭

• LoopyDoopyLoopyDoopy Alum Member
    edited January 2023 10 karma

I wasn't able to take the test bc of technical errors somewhere between ProctorU and LawHub. Spent over an hour waiting anxiously for them to finally tell me I couldn't take it. I'm sure this situation is uncommon, but it happened to me! I was so emotionally distraught, and my entire day has been wasted (and now I have to dedicate a whole day to the retake again which would equal one day of not working (again)). Did anyone else have a similar experience?

• Burger KingBurger King Alum Member
    16 karma

I had a mac os system and when downloading chat box, for some reason I cannot open the file. I called a number listed in the lsac email and a nice guy guided me through but still did not fix the problem. I reboot my home wifi and computer but still did not work. I was literally sweating and shaking at that point. Finally I decided to pull out my husband's laptop( with a windows system) and thankfully it allowed me run through. But still spent almost an hour just fixing the technical problem, really sucks. I still not sure why that happens.

• catethegreatcatethegreat Member
    44 karma

Do we know for sure which one of the RC sections was the experimental?

• banks.joseph195-1banks.joseph195-1 Free Trial Member
    46 karma

@catethegreat said:

Which test did you have Fri or sat? I had Fri RC with a passage about an African American scientist making a discovery of some sort. Forgot the others besides a comparative passage revolving around some legal aspect or proposed legislation.

• katiebeth1796katiebeth1796 Member
    5 karma

@paigebarsukov said:

@yzhang65 said:

@paigebarsukov said:

i got the same article

Did either of you have RC as an experimental? I had this passage, but I also had two RC sections so I don't know if it was "real" or not.

• fbaffonefbaffone Live Member
    16 karma

Did anyone have a LR experimental? One of my LR sections had a question about early humans wearing clothes made out of animal skin.

• fbaffonefbaffone Live Member
    16 karma

@katiebeth1796 said:

@paigebarsukov said:

@yzhang65 said:

@paigebarsukov said:

i got the same article

Did either of you have RC as an experimental? I had this passage, but I also had two RC sections so I don't know if it was "real" or not.

I didn’t have this passage and only had one RC section on Friday

99 karma

@katiebeth1796 said:

@paigebarsukov said:

@yzhang65 said:

@paigebarsukov said:

i got the same article

I had double RC. According to other test takers over on Reddit, the passage that had legally blond/Chaucer/jellyfish/Argentina vs. Uruguay was in fact experimental. My real RC was Malthus (france overpopulation), Intangible assets (brand names), architechts in practice vs. in school, and motion sickness in space. People who had only 1 RC had this section, so it's real.

Bummed out, because I know I did better on the experimental than I did on the real one :')

edited January 2023 99 karma

@fbaffone said:
    Did anyone have a LR experimental? One of my LR sections had a question about early humans wearing clothes made out of animal skin.

There are multiple real LR sections floating around. But mine (I had only 1 LR) was 25 questions and had questions about genetics (unpigmented hair gene passed down between male relatives) and an old culture that used dice which opposite sides added up to 7. If you had those questions, that LR was real. Unfortunately don't remember much else from my LR.

• nabucco.2017nabucco.2017 Member
    54 karma

that is weird. I had just one RC section but I had totally different passages (water supply, birds, and do not remember other two)

• Matthew19941Matthew19941 Core Member
    edited January 2023 102 karma

I took the test on Saturday. My order was LR-LG-RC-LR.

I remember for LG a game about government info being leaked. RC had passages about Mexican art and birds. In the second LR section, I had some questions about a guitar on the wall, Egyptian dice, and genes.

Overall, I think I did fine on LG. For RC and LR I found it be a little difficult but not too bad.

• pengqiaomupengqiaomu Member
    5 karma

@catethegreat said:

FYI, I had only one RC, and the 4th passage was a comparative passage talking about 9-hour working limit.

I had two LR sections, one had 25 questions and the other 26. But I can’t remember any of those questions.

• leohuang612leohuang612 Free Trial Member
    4 karma

@pengqiaomu said:

@catethegreat said:

FYI, I had only one RC, and the 4th passage was a comparative passage talking about 9-hour working limit.

I had two LR sections, one had 25 questions and the other 26. But I can’t remember any of those questions.

I have the same structure as yours. Hopefully the one with 26 questions is the experimental one...

• B_MaximumB_Maximum Core Member
    edited January 2023 192 karma

cgs14 did you have two LR experimental sections? And any idea in terms of which section might have been experimental? I had the test with the article about omission bias

16 karma

@fbaffone said:

That one was real and brand new LR.

• hkassa98hkassa98 Core Member
    15 karma

Has anyone got their scores yet :( It is delayed!!

503 karma

I have not!

• callie.frasercallie.fraser Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Please tell me I'm not the only one still waiting on my score I am genuinely concerned at this point haha!

15 karma

ive been refreshing non stop!! literally an hour delayed now 🥺

15 karma

Its out!