Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logical Indicator

On the conditional indicator drill made by the student, the logical indicator "will" appear and the rule say's it indicates a necessary term.

"Will" however, is not on the "4 Translation Group Cheatsheet". It also confuses me because on the basic translation group 2 flashcards an example is "only a GPS will reveal where you are" .... the answer indicates that in lawgic it reads:
a --> GPS and /GPS --> /a.

I do realize that the LI "only" is also in that sentence, however the term "will" is now tripping me up and I do not know to include it in my Group 2 Logical Indicator or not. Please help! :)

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

“Will” is not a conditional indicator. It is a modal auxiliary that can be used in four ways as a part of a verb phrase: a future prediction, a present prediction, a habitual prediction, or a volition. It usually indicates tense, such as the future or future perfect. Even if you don’t know the formal labels, I promise you know exactly how all that works and exactly what it all means, no analysis or translation required.