Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do proctors know we can use Ctrl +F during LSAT?

KangtimeKangtime Alum Member
in General 74 karma

Hi everyone, just a question for people who might have used the Ctrl + F function on the real LSAT with a proctor.

I was wondering if there were any cases where the proctor did not know if it was allowed for us to use that function, and if so what happened!

Comments

• ELPISTOLERO9ELPISTOLERO9 Alum Member
    285 karma

I used it multiple times, they should know that it's allowed. If they don't, it doesn't matter what they do because LSAC made it clear that test takers can use it. So, worst case scenario (at least to me) is that they stop you from taking the test then you complain to LSAC, who will get you a retake on a different day.

• martianyingmartianying Alum Member
    30 karma

@ELPISTOLERO9 said:
    I used it multiple times, they should know that it's allowed. If they don't, it doesn't matter what they do because LSAC made it clear that test takers can use it. So, worst case scenario (at least to me) is that they stop you from taking the test then you complain to LSAC, who will get you a retake on a different day.

Can we tell/double-check with the proctor before starting to take the test that LSAC allows Ctrl + F so as to avoid unpleasant interruption during the test?

• ELPISTOLERO9ELPISTOLERO9 Alum Member
    285 karma

@martianying
    Yes. You should also tell them to stop the timer if they need to stop you for anything during the test.

• offy0c-1-1offy0c-1-1 Live Member
    241 karma

I believe that we are allowed to use Ctrl + F, but the only thing is that in the newer lsats they actually highlight the portion in the passage where they expect us to go back to. I haven't taken the actual lsat so I don't know how effective using the text search engine will be.