First-Generation Support Group

Shemariel165-1-1-1Shemariel165-1-1-1 Live Member
in General 114 karma

Hi Everyone,

My name is Shemariel I am a first generation student and hopefully soon be be law student! I am located on the east coast. I have been studying for over a year and going through the this LSAT journey on my own with no mentorship. Literally I don't even think my family understand how big of a task the LSAT is let alone law school. However I have learned alot on my own and believe in my abilities. Thus I wanted to create a support group First-Gen students. Ideally I envision this group being 100% judgement free, a safe space where we can uplift each other and talk about out LSAT challenges and goals, we can meet weekly or once every two weeks. I am open to anything that will empower those who wish to join.

I would like to gage the interest before officially formatting the group, but drop your email or private message me if you are interested <3

Comments

• machaelamachaela Live Member
    15 karma

Hi Shemariel! I would be interested in joining :)

• Shemariel165-1-1-1Shemariel165-1-1-1 Live Member
    114 karma

@machaela said:
    Hi Shemariel! I would be interested in joining :)

Hi!! Macheala, Yay :) if you can send me your gmail on this thread or privately I can add you to my email that I will send out to everyone

• awigfallawigfall Live Member
    7 karma

Hi Shemariel! I love this idea, I would be interested in joining!

• JDream2023JDream2023 Alum Member
    984 karma

Hello Shemarie, I am interested. I’ll send you my email!

114 karma

@awigfall said:
    Hi Shemariel! I love this idea, I would be interested in joining!

Awesome, if you could private message me your email that would be great I will be sending out an email to everyone interested.

Looking forward to it!!

• trying.heretrying.here Alum Member
    9 karma

Hi!! I'm also interested!

• Avatario43Avatario43 Core Member
    198 karma

me too !:) what a great idea

114 karma

@"trying.here" said:
    Hi!! I'm also interested!

@BullfrogFairy said:
    me too !:) what a great idea

Hi All! thank you for your interested please DM your email and I will add to to the group email I am sending out

114 karma

Update: Here is the link to the discord please feel free to join: https://discord.gg/WsPsGZ57gz

• bailey.luberbailey.luber Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    349 karma

Hey there! I love this idea. It can be so daunting to navigate the LSAT process without support.

If you guys want another way to meet study buddies and get involved with 7Sage, join us for our next "Study Group Breakout" on Tuesday, April 4th from 9:00-10:30pm ET.

Here's how it works:

Register for the Breakout no later than Monday, April 3rd.

Take PT55 Section 1 (based on 7Sage's numbering - should be an LR section) and Blind Review it, but DON'T look at the answers. I suggest you take it as a "Drill" rather than as a PrepTest! You can do this by going to the "Practice" tab and choosing "Drills," then selecting "Newer" PTs, selecting "Logical Reasoning," and scrolling to PT55 S1 (NOT S3, the other LR section for PT55). You will have to individually add each question to your drill, but hit "Create drill with 26 questions" at the bottom right when finished, and voila!

Log in to the Breakout Session at the appointed time. We will automatically place you in a group of 3-5 students with similar scores so you can review the section together.

At the end of the session, you can exchange emails and keep meeting if you enjoyed the group.

Hope to see you there! Register for the event using this link: https://7sage.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwrdOmqrjMvGNGA_IKHJyltu4n7WwMVUSgX