Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

chances of admission at a T3

yossilorineryossiloriner Member
edited April 2023 in Law School Admissions 25 karma

Hello. I'm applying to law school in the fall, and I'd like as much input as possible on what my chance of a T3 school are.
Hards: 176 Lsat, 3.98 GPA
Softs: 1 year working for a lawyer, plus a separate summer internship for a NY supreme court judge (hopefully... I don't actually have the job yet.
250 hours (roughly a year) volunteering for the Crisis text line.
Skills: coding (python, java etc.) unrelated to my undergraduate degree.
Great letters of recommendation from my boss, professor and super at the text line.

Are my chances above 50% ah HYS... or even superman wouldn't be a guarantee in at the top?
P.S. I'm a white male, so not a URM.
All input appreciated, thank you in advance 🙏

Comments

• dag_6610dag_6610 Core Member
    63 karma

Your numbers are there 100% so definitely apply there and you have a good shot. I think your superman comment is correct, though. I wouldn't say anyone is a guarantee at those schools. Also, put your stats into lsd.law

• ConstantineConstantine Member
    edited April 2023 1320 karma

90%. You need to be as humble as possible. Including the way you write application materials, communicate with schools, and something about your previous life that shows that you understand hardship.

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    edited April 2023 2249 karma

The most discouraging thing about admissions is that nearly everybody in the applicant pool pretty much got stats and resume like these. I'm seeing people with stellar numbers and two page long resumes and the stuff they got in these resumes aren't fluff either.